Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-November 17 )

• Photo
    Pez_86

• Photo
    Real Chris Davis

• Photo
    RobbieO

• Photo
    SIMMO_BAFC

• Photo
    AncientBlue

• Photo
    BUTTERBEAN

• Photo
    Beanofire

• Photo
    Chesney

• Photo
    markhayward

Clubs to merge?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
17 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
So, there is a very strong rumour that Mr Lazarou has approached his counterpart at Boreham Wood to sound him out about merging the two clubs, to be called Boreham Wood & Enfield FC. Any truth in it, Deggsy? images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
More Stiring

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Not so - Have heard this from Wood people as well as EFC people.<P>While only a roumour - it has come from different sides of the bar.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
So why is it stirring, meathead? Whatever you may believe, a lot of ETFC people still care about the old club. The rumours that were doing the rounds at Barkingside yesterdat were genuinely worrying - what better course of action was there than to visit the official club site to try and get an official line?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Lonely Planet Boy>:<BR><STRONG>So why is it stirring, meathead? Whatever you may believe, a lot of ETFC people still care about the old club. The rumours that were doing the rounds at Barkingside yesterdat were genuinely worrying - what better course of action was there than to visit the official club site to try and get an official line?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is probably the biggest load of bull going!! Let's just assume it is true for one moment... how would BW benefit from such a move?<P>One more thing,if "a lot of ETFC people still care about the old club" why have they p***ed off to start their own? And don't give me the old chest nut about the chairman or the distance to travel to a home game!

offline Freebird

Freebird
Its interesting how the other mob start to worry about the EFC now.<P>Stiring is all they have ever done since they made the split, I was just pointing that out once again.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I understand from a very reliable source that there is some truth in Tony Laz approaching the Boreham wood chairman. May i suggest you ask either of the above gents if the matter was discussed.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <The Spy>:<BR><STRONG>I understand from a very reliable source that there is some truth in Tony Laz approaching the Boreham wood chairman. May i suggest you ask either of the above gents if the matter was discussed.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah that'll get a straight and honest answer, won't it.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Derek Shirley:<BR><STRONG><P>if "a lot of ETFC people still care about the old club" why have they p***ed off to start their own? And don't give me the old chest nut about the chairman or the distance to travel to a home game!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well that old chestnut about the chairman was my reason. The two chestnuts you mention seem like pretty good reasons to me. Your message seems to imply that there is some hidden, chestnut-free agenda behind the formation of ETFC. If that is the case could you suggest what it might be?<P>Steve

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The move seems so logical that the rumour was bound to start whether there is any truth in it or not. Boreham Wood would benefit from suddenly having won the Conference for instance. They would probably get a few more supporters, and the base of potential sponsors would widen geographically.<P>However, I am not saying that the rumour is true. I can't possibly tell that from here!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I am led to believe your chairman has spoken to ours about possible merger but was told half a million pounds was the asking price he then dissapered up his own [****!!****] we also understand that because of the lack of money being generated at your home games you are not going to be offered any extension to your ground share deal which runs out at the end of the season tough ***** at last we can have our ground back.

offline Freebird

Freebird
How much ? Wood is noway worth that much and TL knows that, plus why would he want to merge with the money he got from the ESCROW he could buy you up and kick you out tomorrow.<P>So dont think your safe, any merger talk must have involved both sides and if you man put up a price he must be interested in selling.<P>Does not look to good for you lot does it, if TL dont buy someone will.<P> images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Not necessarily.<P>If you have no intention of closing the deal you quote the silliest price you can think of. If your opponent still shows an interest you then raise the price. Just like Lazarou has done with anyone wanting to buy him out of EFC.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I don't think that you have too much to worry about "Wood Worm".<P>Danny Hunter is an infinitely better business man than Laz and appears to have a genuine love for "The Wood".<P>I believe that Laz offered more than Mr Hunter when Phil Wallace sold the club. Wallace wouldn't sell to Laz as he knew that he'd sell it for housing!!<P>So then Mr Freebird, answer this. Laz has now upset Enfield Council, Lee Harding and Danny Hunter therefore where are you going to play next season? You can also answer this... The club must be losing a large amount of cash a week (unless everyone is paying £500 each to get in!!) and I believe that Laz may have a hefty tax bill to pay soon therefore, how is it to fund a new ground? images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>How much ? Wood is noway worth that much and TL knows that, plus why would he want to merge with the money he got from the ESCROW he could buy you up and kick you out tomorrow.<BR>So dont think your safe, any merger talk must have involved both sides and if you man put up a price he must be interested in selling.<P>Does not look to good for you lot does it, if TL dont buy someone will.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't forget, Boreham Wood's chairman is the son of one of the club's previous managers and was a Boreham Wood fan long before he became chairman. Why should he want to sell out to someone like TL who has the reputation of being an asset stripper?<P>TL couldn't buy up Boreham Wood or kick them out tomorrow even if he wanted to. I wouldn't blame Danny Hunter if, were TL to agree to pay the asking price, he jacked the price up until TL went away. <P>BTW, don't forget that a merger talk involving both sides could be...<BR>TL: "Why don't we merge?"<BR>DH: "No."<P>Phil.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
If Enfield may not be able to play at Borehamwood next season, and St. Albans is also not possible, would Milton Keynes be worth a try?

offline Freebird

Freebird
I hope not MK is no better than Brimo

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freebird:<BR><STRONG>I hope not MK is no better than Brimo</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Of course it isn't. Something that's worse <B>is</B> no better. I suppose TL could always try moving his groundshare just down the road to Elliott Star. It's a senior football club (OK, the ground isn't up to Isthmian League standards, but I'm sure TL won't let that bother him).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus