Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

• Photo
    HelenC

• Photo
    chelseaboy

Photo

Canvey 3 2 East Thurrock

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
No replies to this topic

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Bit of an anti-climax tonight. I got the feeling that the players and the fans were psyched up for what potentially was a real grudge match with Hornchurch especially after the events on and off the pitch at the final game of last season. Athough credit must go to East Thurrock for stepping in at the last minute it wasn't quite the same and I sense some of the players took their foot off the pedal and were going through the motions. If it had been Hornchurch on the pitch then it might have been a different story.

Positves to be taken from this game were two goals from new signing Ben Sedgemore who was in the right place at the right time to score and Greggors came on as sub and scored the winner with a great diving header.

Jon Keeling was electric once again but the defence looked a little ropey and only really improved once Dom Sterling came on. East Thurrock played well and looked a decent side. Their second goal was a well taken effort after a fine passing move.

So a bit lacklustre tonight. From hearing some of the comments from fans around me the Hornchurch friendly was certainly the most eagerly awaited of the pre season friendlies so I think some of us felt a bit robbed. Unfortunately these things happen in football and hopefully the Urchins' innjury crisis is not too severe.

Credit must go to East Thurrock for providing a game at the last minute. One more PSF to go and then it's the big kick off!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus