Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Olympics -Athens 2004 (pics of women volleyball )

I tend to agree with Mr. D, I can't stand Henman either, as he has proved time and time again to lose his bottle in every big tournament. The wave of excitement that grips the nation every year when he plays at Wimbledon is quite ridiculous, as every year the guy loses his bottle in the quarters or semi's.

Lord, have you noticed how the snobs at the All England Club give him an easier path through to the final each year and each year he just gets knocked out before getting there?

After his Olympics exit and embarrassing our country once again, he should give up tennis and stay at home with his misses who also happens to look like him.

Tennis in this country is by and large still a very elitist game, thus, why so few tennis players have emerged though the ranks in recent years. You visit most tennis clubs round this country and the members are overweight ageing middleclass, so what chance do most normal kids get to play?? Only the likes of Tiger Tim, who has had a helping hand from Daddy Captain Henman have a chance. The All English Club claim to be changing things, by allowing ordinary kids access to tennis facilities, but only time will tell.

The few tennis courts round our way Lord have all been smashed up by chavs or if you want to join a club in Upminster, it costs kids a fortune.

When I was at school (And I went to a good one in the borough)we hardly ever played tennis and when we did, it was on the flipping concrete.

Don't understand sailing, though it looks good fun and we appear to be doing bl**dy well, even after a disqualification !

Henman is a world class sportsman. No one can deny that. Because of the lack of publicity, tennis only gets a mention once a year. Remember, he is consitantly in the world's top ten. What more do you want. The scum press and emebers of the public who don't know about tennis build the guy up a slag him off once a year (twice this year) but do little to follow his move around the circuit.

By the way, saling is a great sport and highly technical and we are b***** good at it.

mr happy, how many grand slams has henman won or even been in the final of?

he's 2 bob and only a spud fan like yourself can't see that, much the same as your blinded by the belief your own fans aren't fickle and your team will get into europe every year.

How many grand slams has Montgomery won in golf? How many grand prixs has Button won? How many European Cups have Arsenal or Chelsea won? Yet, they are all great names and winners in their chosen sports. You have to look past the slams in every sport to see consistency over the years. Henman has shown this and is our best tennis player for decades. He is in the top ten on the world in his profession. How many people can say that!

By the way. I don't think Spurs will get into Europe this season unless it is via one of the cups. I predict a top ten place and believe that top eightis not out of reach. When West Spam ge back inot the Premiership then start taking the p***. however, I do not think it will be thi season. You lost your chance in the play-off final and there are a number of better teams in the Championship this term.

Mr Happy, firstly, I don't care how you think my team is going to do, the reason being, your a typical simpleton spud who's still predicting a top ten finish and maybe as possibly as high as 8th, despite the fact you've never finished as high as 7th in the Premiership since it began (Note, We have finished 7th and 5th).

There are many more good golfers than tennis players, the main reason being, anyone can enjoy playing golf unlike tennis which is reserved for the rich kids.

Henman has been gifted a chance most kids can only dream about, he's been playing tennis in his back garden since the age of 3 and yet he's still poor in world standings!

He went out in round one or two recently in the USA open and now he's embarrassed himself again by going out in the Olympics.

Henman, an utter joke and not a funny one!

STEADY, Nige ! He moved to the States for the love of a good woman, so I fancy your remark may be slightly out of line !

Many ex-Pats are still DEEPLY patriotic !

Nige has a right to his point of view. I still cheer on English Sportsmen, but make no mistake.........When this country gives me the full rights of Citizenship........Then it will be different. As JR said, it was a woman that wooed me away from England.......I had no plans to ever leave England, but just goes to show....NEVER is a word we shouldn't use lightly!