Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matt Rouse

Congratulations to Matt on earning a 2 year contract from Andy - well deserved I thought, based on his efforts in the pre season games I saw.

News from official website follows below :-

12/08/04 Contract signed - Matt Rouse

Matt Rouse, the ex-Arsenal junior that Fleet took on a non-contract basis from Fisher for two months last season, has now signed a two year contract. Manager Andy Ford says "Matt has done well in pre-season training and matches. I feel there is potential in him to do well in the Conference."

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Well I'm shocked. Find it hard to believe. Personally I expected him to be shown the door at the end of last season

He took a while to adjust to the conference but looked a different player 'on tour' a couple of weeks ago especially when making superb runs down the left. We still haven't seen the best of him, but as he continues to improve we won't have to wait too long.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Well I'm shocked. Find it hard to believe. Personally I expected him to be shown the door at the end of last season

You obviously haven't been at ANY of the preseason friendlies. Matt has been the most outstanding player in the half a dozen, or so, games I've seen so far. Fast, strong and able to pass the ball quickly and precisely.

At the end of last season I wasn't impressed and was quite suprised to still see him in the pre-season squad.

But that shows why Andy is in the hot seat and not me - Quite clearly Matt is a quality player and if he can perform throughout the season as he did against Welling the biggest challenge will be keeping him!

Congratulations Matt!