Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

todays game

mik

Let me say for starters, we did not deserve to win today.

We looked really good for the first 15 minutes, think we created 7 chances in that time. The passing and movement was good, if only we could have buried a few more of them. Jacko took his goal well and it was a great cross from Manny.

Thought our defence had an off day, midfield and up front was ok, and Manny looks dangerous.

Thought the officials were terrible, some things never change huh? How they never saw the hand of moose before our second goal. He looked like he raised his arm and the hit the ball out, refs decision corner to us, then from that we go on to score.

Still scratching my head over the Essendoah miss late on, what was all that about?

Was like he couldn’t decide which foot to finish it with and then it all went pear shaped. Sorry Roy, but my Nan really could have scored that one...lol

Moose was sent off (second yellow) for diving when he was blatantly scythed down and it was a definite penalty! Ok, so he wasn’t exactly scythed more had his ankle clipped, but all the same, contact was made.

Northwich took advantage of some poor defending to score their two goals.

I think if we play for 90 minutes, the way we played for the first 15, we would be contenders for the play offs at least. But if we continue to play in the same way as the rest of the game, it’s going to be a long season.

i think the only reason northwich looked so bad in the 1st 15 mins, or we looked brill was they had only just got off the coach. With fair play to them they deserved a point today and i honestly believe with their new signings they will get better as the season goes on.I thought they looked a good side, lets just hope that today is a reminder to the players that the season has finally started, so bring on canvey...Roy could have had a three today so i hope hes saving them for tuesday.

I was quite dissappointed by what i saw at the end of the game from a couple of fans that i hadn't seen down there before, one needless to say was clad in a burberry cap, throwing coins at the northwich fans. They seemed to have had one too many, as they were giving it quite a bit to the northwich fans during the 2nd half?? but that no excuse, just wandering if any at the plough end saw what i saw?! i think the stewards did.

1st 15-20 mins greeting attacking play good goal by jacko good cross by manny! Then we did what england did during Euro and just feel asleep and let them come at us. 2nd half was no better. How did roy miss?!?!?!?!, also y was moussa sent off, and who scored the 2nd goal because i was at the other end. i asked a northwich if he new he also drew a blank!! Northwichs fans did look the most friendly of fans i must say!!

Blinkjim said:

I was quite dissappointed by what i saw at the end of the game from a couple of fans that i hadn't seen down there before, one needless to say was clad in a burberry cap, throwing coins at the northwich fans. They seemed to have had one too many, as they were giving it quite a bit to the northwich fans during the 2nd half?? but that no excuse, just wandering if any at the plough end saw what i saw?! i think the stewards did.

I stayed down that end for the first 20 minutes of the second half and i have to say that it was quite intimidating and i thought it was going to kick off. Probably the only reason why it didnt was because the Northwich fans didnt have any head cases with them and didnt want to get into trouble but i have to say that the Burberry capped w*nker plus a few others were very intimidating towards the Northwich fans and i thought there was going to be definite trouble. I can see why policing needs to be involved now.

I feel another unofficial news update coming.....

HOOLIGANS BRING SHAME ON CLUB

Gravesend & Northfleet were rocked this weekend by the kind of hooligan behaviour they hoped was a thing of the past. A so called "crew" of violent trouble makers caused fear and panic at Stonebridge Road during yesterday's fixture with a bunch of nancy boys from Northwich.

This time the trouble-makers didn't attack the visiting supporters but launched what has been described a frenzied and unprovoked "dance" aimed at the stadium stewards.

"I was really frightened", said leading Steward Mr Fatneck.

"One minute we were enjoying the peace and quiet and next we were overwhelmed by these bad people dancing a conga. Its a disgrace. You don't get folk enjoying thiemselves at Dartford games"

Horrified on-lookers looked on and saw stadium officials rushing in re-enforcements to deal with the trouble. Some estimated that at least 15 or 20 hooligans were involved in "having a harmless bit of fun and supporting The Fleet by dancing". At one point it seemed to terrified stewards that the incident could escalate into potential scenes of mass support for The Fleet and a great atmosphere in the ground.

Although the stewards are trained in crowd control it seemed that they had some difficulty with the tactics that the hooligans used this weekend.

Mr Fatneck said, "we're right good at taking stuff off little kids like drums and that, but we've not had no training in how fo cope with 10 year olds doing a conga. It were nearly as bad as having to deal with adults hitting folk and rioting I'm just glad we bugger off and leave it to bobbies when there's proper trouble."

A spokeschild for the Wallace Park Crew hit back at accusations of unruliness.

"Bloody great ponces. There was only 12 of us and even a student teacher doesnt have that much trouble controlling us in R.E. We only kicked off because one of the stewards kept offering us sweets and asking if we would like to see his puppies".

Local Radio personality Chas Webster said "GOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL! Chris Moore Goooooooooaaaalllllll . I'll tell you this GOAAAALLLLLLLLLL !

i spoke to a friend in the bar after the game, and the incident you mentioned was noted and reported at the time,i thought the atmosphere at the plough end was a little tense at times, but no way was there any need to start throwing things on your way out,it was only a bit of banter after all.