Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

You were lucky 1-1

It's all well and good building a new ground, but Canvey couldn't even pack the little dump they have now. Why on earth did we not get given the side up to the home dugout, as well as behind the goal?? They only had a handful of people standing there!!

As for Roy's 2nd, from my vantage point it looked as though Roy was behind the ball when Drury knocked it across, from which you can't be offside.

Rouse was unfortunate with his 2nd yellow, but the first was a stupid card to pick up. I have to say though that I cannot believe that Gregory only got a yellow for kicking out at, and throwing the ball at, McKimm on the half way line. Both the ref and lino were five yards from it!

Have to post anon. as have messed up my account..

As soon as i saw Mr.Deadmans name on the programme i knew we were in for some bad decisions..from where we were standing it was difficult to tell if it was a foul but it really did look like and the reaction of the fleet players said it all. Our 2nd-offside?I didn't think so...handball in the box?Looked like it but might have been a bit generous..Sending off?Definitely harsh..

To be fair to Canvey they battled well and i think if we had got 3 points it would have been a bit harsh on them,and before the game i was fearing the worst..

Another thing that really bothered me last night was our style of play.Where was the lovely intelligent football of the 2nd half of last year?We were like watching Wimbeldon,hopeless punts straight to their keeper,when we got the ball of the deck we played some nice stuff,we've got some good passers of the ball so make the most of it.Our strikers aren't exactly the best in the air,Roy for a big man is better with his feet and Manny and Pinno..well obviously they are the same and the same..

Ah well..

Well apparently after the game, the Canvey player involved in the goal admitted to fouling Wilko. I'm not complaining though as these things have a habit of evening themselves out during the course of the season.

The "offside" goal seemed harsh as I thought that Ess' ran on to it. and how our Canvey mate earlier in the thread can say that the Refs Assistant "Correctly flagged" is beyond me as he was at the other end of the ground!

Rouse needs to grow up and I would wager was given a bit of a tongue lashing by Andy F after the game. A great talent bit a bit headstrong. Thought Jacko came on and did really well, making two or three great tackles.

Facilities were really crap as usual and that pitch? wasn't exactly a bowling green was it! I just cannot believe how that ground passed as Conference standard. Do you realise that (on paper at least) Stonebridge Road has a smaller capacity than that dump! I was very disapointed in Canvey and think that their defence will need strengthening if they aren't going to struggle.

Glad that one is out of the way as at least we wont have to suffer going there again this season!

I thought we were very unlucky to only draw 1-1 as there were 5 or 6 marginal decisions that went against us and on another day would have been allowed and we would have won. These include

1. Foul on Wilko for equaliser

2. Offside decision for winning goal by Roy

3. Gregory not being sent off for kicking and oushing Porter

4. Rousse getting sent off for touching an Old Man on the pitch who went down like a sack of [***!!***].

5. Blatant handball by McGee (i think) for penalty

6. No foul given against Joseph for blantantly tugging Mannny shirt when clean through.

But have to say that the ground remains a toilet and was surprised by how few Canvey fans were at the ground for their first game in the conference. Of 1,233 crowd I would think betwenn 400- 450 were Northfleet fans.

from a non-canvey point of view do you believe that there were only 1200 in the ground, because it baffles us! If there were 450 down your end on just 4 rows of terracing there must have been double that amount our end (on 18 rows of terracing!) at least! Then add the 200 sitting down and 100 odd on the other side - it was easily 1650 - 1800 ish? Any thoughts?

nonsense.. we are the new forest green n proud the best pub team in essex.. when you have a ground that can hold as much as ours then come back and moan.. when your home ave attendance is higher than ours come back and gloat (prob about 2 weeks tops then)..

and tell andy ford to get proper prada and lose the top shop thing ....

on a serious note after your first half performance if you had got the second you prob deserved you would have taken the points.. you didnt get it and we almost nicked it.. i reckon a draw was pretty much fair for the nights work

Quote:
Fleet_Fella said:As for Roy's 2nd, from my vantage point it looked as though Roy was behind the ball when Drury knocked it across, from which you can't be offside.

That's how I saw it - although being behind the goal is never the best place to make offside decisions. Also, being so low down meant that I didn't get a very good view of Canvey's equaliser either, and so can't really say whether Wilko was fouled. As for Rouse's second yellow, whether or not Mr. Deadman really had to show the yellow card, Rouse was foolish to make the challenge in the first place.

A similar pattern to the Northwich game really - a fairly early goal, but rather than pushing on and just continuing to play as we were, we always seem to invite the opposition onto us, and this really has to stop. In particular, bringing off Manny meant that holding the ball up in Canvey's half became very difficult, and any long clearances by us, with Roy up front alone, just came straight back.

Quote:
and tell andy ford to get proper prada and lose the top shop thing ....

Not on the Fleets wages he won't ....

You can't be the new Forest Green , we like them !!

Not suggesting anything. Just telling it like it was!! As mentioned on another thread the canvey girls seem to have a problem with Kent currrency as well. Two adults at £11 each plus 3 programmes at £2 each equals £28. However, the change handed back from £30 was £3.

Oh well, Jeff King can afford it I suppose.