Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

Photo

Gravesend

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
32 replies to this topic

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Crow played and could not get the grin off his face at the end

offline Canvey Crane

Canvey Crane
  • Reserves
I was standing behind the Goal when Lee scored. I can assure you all that there was no foul on the keeper at all. Greggors had his eyes on the ball all the way. The keeper went for it and only managed to get his hands next to the ball - not on it! Rules state the keeper must hold the ball with both hands. When greggors won the header it hit the keeper and dropped to the floor, the ball squirmed its way out to boylan who finished with ease.

I agree we need to play OUR game against these long ball defensive teams, as soon as we started playing football we battered them. There No19 Moore, was on top form last night and managed to get in the way of most things...seemed a very good player

And I have to say that Duffers looked outclassed last night. I know he does a lot of running in a game but he tired early in the second half and laboured for the rest of the game, seems strange having Keeling on the bench and not playing in Duffers role - surely he deserves a run out after Duffers performance last night...I also though JK was unusually quiet for the majority of the game.

Roll on Saturday (I won't be attending as I will wa*kered at V) I'll be listening on the Radio.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Chris Moore was a Canvey player a few seasons ago but didn`t really do it for us at the time, he seems to have improved with age.

offline smithyman

smithyman
  • Reserves
'....... I can assure you all that there was no foul on the keeper at all. Greggors had his eyes on the ball all the way.'

....so did John Terry against Portugal and we all know what that ref's decision was!!

offline CanveyFan

CanveyFan
  • Reserves
I agree the Canvey Goal looked like a foul but then the free kick they got for their goal was in my opinion very soft so I guess things even themselves out.

All in all, a good game played by both sides, but I have to wonder why Gravesend took off Manny Omoyimni when I thought he was terrifying the defense when he had the ball. As for their 'goal' the linesman had his flag up straight away so obviously saw it early. I can't comment as I was behind the goal and saw nothing.

Was very impressed with Gravesend fans as they sang constantly and looked a very decent outfit.

My one concern about the game was when Keeling came on surely it would have been more benefit to play him on the left and Duffers on the right. He has impressed me every game ive seen so far and after last night I'd put him in my starting XI ahead of Duffers in my opinion.

All in all a good game and probably a fair result but in the first 30 mins we could have been battered as the defence didn't seem to want to listen to their keeper and the communication was poor but thankfully things improved.

Heres to more games like Last night!! Well done both teams

offline mala_D

mala_D
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Quote:
CanveyFan said:
My one concern about the game was when Keeling came on surely it would have been more benefit to play him on the left and Duffers on the right.

p'raps I shouldn't say this...but as no one's watching....one use of Keeling at our place last year was to get him to start on one side, and then switch him over at half time, or other advantageous point in the match.

Upset a good few defences for sure, what with his pace and control and direct runs into the box.

He was also "super-sub" in a few games. I'm sure he'll piss all over some of those conf defences when he has a proper run-out.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I remember the Burton game well when he came on. Totally changed the game. I really hope he starts against Tamworth.

offline cangull

cangull
  • First XI - Sub
Keeling has to be a starter or have more time not ten minutes!!

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
CANV EFM said:
it was like watching purfleet on steroids at times what with all that annoyingly organised defending..

As opposed to what? Disorganised, headless-chicken defending...? It was that defending that allowed us to go home with a point when we only had 10 men against a team with their tails up.

We're well used to being called long-ball merchants, but I think we only resorted to that last night when down to 10 men. Andy Drury and Manny Omoyinmi were playing some great stuff through your midfield and defence for the opening 55 minutes, and we have a lot of pace down the wings, so we only resort to lumping it now and again.

Still, a draw was fair. We didn't take our chances, and somehow you failed to score at the end. Deadman ruined it with his officiating 'skills' (yes, Rouse probably deserved it, but in a hundred other games the ref would've just talked to him), Gregory should probably have walked if he was applying consistent decisions, and as for the offside goal/'foul' on Wilkerson, I wasn't in the best position to see either so I'll let them go!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Offsides are,to be fair,always difficult to call -after all,the only way you can ever be certain would be to have one eye fixed on the ball being played through & the other on the "offside" player - a physicalimpossibility in most cases. Without TV replays toconfirm or otherwise,the official will always be in a "no win" situation.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
Quote:
Stu M said:
[quote]CANV EFM said:
it was like watching purfleet on steroids at times what with all that annoyingly organised defending..

As opposed to what? Disorganised, headless-chicken defending...? It was that defending that allowed us to go home with a point when we only had 10 men against a team with their tails up.

er yes it was a compliment

offline Stu M

Stu M
Purfleet is NEVER a compliment...

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
it is defensivly ask hornchurch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts