Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

In this weeks Reporter . . .

JimGNFC

Its a little quite on here so time for more gossip . . laugh.gif

The Reporter's headline is "SCALLYWAG" as Paul Scally is spotted outside the planning offices in Gravesend accompanied by the Gills architect clutching what looks like planning drawings.

When asked if he (Scally) was there to submit plans for a new stadium he sarcastically replied "No, I have come to look at the church."

A spokesman for the council described them as preliminary discussions between the 2 parties.

Interesting article with Matt Rouse too - says he will miss 4 games due to a holiday so by time he returns he will have served his suspension.

Quote:
JimGNFC said:
When asked if he (Scally) was there to submit plans for a new stadium he sarcastically replied "No, I have come to look at the church."

He's a laugh-a-minute, isn't he, the weasely little twat?

Trouble is, I'm not sure who I'm more worried about - Scally or the sell-out merchants of Gravesham Borough Council...

I noticed that in the reporter picture, Scally didn't have a large brown bulging paper bag with him before he entered the council offices. Perhaps that was passed over earlier at the Tollgate.

Why are the council entertaining him at all? They should be concentrating their efforts and support towards their own town club.

With all the planned development and the new international rail station at Ebbsfleet, this club is sitting on a football catchment gold mine, and Scally knows that.

The difference in the Wimbledon case, though, was that they hadn't owned or played in a ground of their own for over a decade - unlike Gillingham, who have their own ground, and rarely fill it.

Not that I'm justifying the FA's disgraceful decision over Wimbledon though.

What's wrong with having a new stadium!Gravesham needs to look to the future,with facilities ALL can be proud of and can enjoy.For to long we have been a backwater in Kent,and now here's an opportunity to bite the bullet and go for it.After all,it's not every day a proposal like this comes up,and think of it...a local game every week,Gills one week, the Fleet the next,what more could you ask for?

Are you joking?? This move, if it goes through, is the potential disappearance of the Fleet back into the lower tiers of Non-League football. You say great facilities, but what use is a 25,000 seater stadium (with blue and white seats) if we only get 4,000 in it on a good day? And what happens when the Gills go bust? We wouls lose our ground, all the facilities of it too. All of the casual supporters in the town will opt for the Gills, we will lose youth interest as they would much rather go to watch league football, and we would just fade away. If we didn't ground share then that would be as bad. We would lose money as our gate would decrease, and we would lose support. There are no great 'pro's of this move.

Scally is a devious little Git,who is just trying to make a few bob for himself.Gravesend Council will get no recognition in the national press from match reports on the Gills,and they ought to recognise that we have a team that is capable of emulating that crap side from the other side of the Medway in a few years time.Brian Kilcullen`s softly,softly approach is going alright ,and most Fleet supporters are right behind him.Keep within our budget and we will do well.Gravesend Council should be working with the Fleet and Lafarge to sort out a site for a ground that will satisfy the Fleet`s needs for the next decade or two.The old Power Station site,Ebbsfleet or our existing ground could all be developed into a 10000,15000 capacity ground that will meet the needs of the Gravesend faithful.We don`t need cuckoos in the nest,so I am saying,"Tell the Gills to f***k off back to Medway!"

Why should the Fleet go back into the lower tiers of non league football? It would only happen if we had a poor team and relegated anyway.Easy solution to your problem with seat colours,have blocks of RED,blue(and white).What casual supporters,we have regular support of around 1200.There are not many occassions when "casuals" turn up,and then it's only to high profile games.Most Gravesend football fans would rather support G&N than the Gills,or why not both.And a WINNING team advertises itself.and draws in more support,and finaly, why should the Gills go bust.So stay as you are,is not an option,let's go for it.

Great result yesterday,well done Andy and the team

Sod Off!! Scally wants to have his cake and eat it. Scally keep out of our territory. There's a great opportunity both on and off the pitch for Gravesend, I just hope Gravesham council recognise this

Roy, the point is we'll be the smaller of two fish in OUR OWN TOWN. That's not on. A 25,000-seater stadium for a club lucky to get attendances of 1,500 creates zero atmosphere. I'm sure all current Fleet fans will carry on supporting us and not decamp to the Gills, but the local kids of the future probably won't be Fleet fans.

I don't want this club becoming the lesser of the town's two teams, when one of them isn't even from this town or belongs here. You also have to question the council... who would appear to be falling over themselves to accommodate Gillingham yet haven't shown a flying f*** for this club in 50 years. What makes you think they have our interests at heart? They never have and they never will.

Quote:
Roy gnfc said:
Why should the Fleet go back into the lower tiers of non league football? It would only happen if we had a poor team and relegated anyway.Easy solution to your problem with seat colours,have blocks of RED,blue(and white).What casual supporters,we have regular support of around 1200.There are not many occassions when "casuals" turn up,and then it's only to high profile games.Most Gravesend football fans would rather support G&N than the Gills,or why not both.And a WINNING team advertises itself.and draws in more support,and finaly, why should the Gills go bust.So stay as you are,is not an option,let's go for it.
Great result yesterday,well done Andy and the team

What a load of rubbish - were you that senile old git in The Gravesend Messenger a couple of months back, singing the praises of the idea?

If you want to watch a game every week, try The Fleet's away games!

58 YEARS we've been in existance,and how far have we gone,i'll tell you..nowhere.We started in the Southern League,and are now in the Conference,perhaps a slight improvement,but in 58 YEARS !!Do you all want another 58 years of the same.A radical rethink is needed and this MIGHT be the time to take that step.We have a great Manager,the best,though I don't always agree with him(I would have kept Rob Haworth and Ben Abbey,who I thought was improving with every game).THIS IS THE TIME,let's go for it.

How would we have paid the wages of those two?

Presumably you would have not signed any of the new players whose wages are paid for as we have got rid of those two.

What about Hamid Barr, Tostao? Want them back?

Why not go to Gills every week if you want us to merge with them?