Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paula Radcliffe A disgrace?

Yes or No?

I still think she owes us a proper explanation, she broke down again yesterday crying and didn't have a clue went wrong.

If she stopped because she was tired and couldn't go on , fair enough, although she maybe didn't train properly and could have done better.

Was there something wrong with her preparation because she had months if not years to get it right.

If however she stopped and gave up because she wasn't going to get a medal then she deserves no sympathy at all.

She may be the fastest marathon runner in the world but unfortunately that doesn't appear the case when it comes to doing it in the heat.

Nige, Fck me fella you have excelled yourself on this one mate.....

The Girl has trained for 4 yrs for this one event. She fcks up and you start slating here. I just don't agree with you on this one.

Why does she owe us an explanation. Do you tell us when you fck up at work....ermmm NO!!!!

To be honest anyone who runs 26 miles for what ever reason deserves a pat on the back in my books.

Has she confirmed that she will run on Friday?

Feel sorry for her, she must have both physical and mental courage to run marathons and win them in style, she is a Champion.

I think the pressure on her was that immense that when things went downhill (no pun intended)

she just had a mental collapse. The UK is used to disappointment at the major sporting events (which is not a acceptable attitude)but in this case I think we should show support for the Girl.

Her achievements and patriotism out weigh the heartache.

There was an article in The Times on Monday by Aki Riihilahti - the Palace midfielder comparing footballers to Olympic atheletes. He said how footballers at the highest level are always in the public eye and are under constant pressure to perform. If you have an off day you are rightly slated by the fans and critics although sometimes it is not your fault. The pressure lasts all season for 38/46 games. But he said the advantage is if something does go wrong it is only four days until the next match when it can be put right or at least your own performance can improve.

Not so for an Olympic athelete who is in the public eye for two weeks every four years and then has one moment to perform. He did not know if he would be able to live his sporting life like that. What if you wake up with a cold and then have to wait for four years to correct your faults.

In fairness to Paula she has dismissed this not properly prepared nonsense. The question is whether there is an underlying injury or illness or whether she just had a bad day. If it is the first one all you can have is sympathy for the lass and we can all agree that life is a bitch. If it is the latter then I think you have to be disappointed as I am sure she will be in herself. But it does not make her a bad athlete and certainly no disgrace. She is arguably the greatest british female athlete ever.

To be quite honest, I think some of the pundits on BBC TV coverage should be shot !

That tear-[***!!***] interview was shown over and over and over and over again !

Talk about trial by television !

Perhaps Jeremy Paxo whould have done the interview !