Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can anybody please help a Fleet Fan in distress?

Maccormb

I am a Fleet Fan, and this is my second season as a season ticket holder. I've only missed one home game since I started watching the fleet.

Somehow, my girlfriend or I appear to have thrown my Season Ticket away! I have spent the last four days searching every nook and cranny of my one bedroom flat, searching through a week's worth of rotting rubbish and am beginning to accept that I'll never see it again.

Therefore, this morning I rang the Fleet Office and was dismayed to be told that there was no possibility of receiving a replacement even after pleading and explaining the circumstances surrounding it's loss and that it must have been destroyed in the rubbish.

This post is my last resort and I'm not sure what I expect anyone to be able to do, but if anyone has any advice or can make any suggestions I would be eternally grateful.

I cannot understand, when the Fleet Office has the reference number of my original season ticket, why they cannot replace mine and simply warn the season ticket gate staff to check tickets for the original number in case someone has found it somewhere.

I love going to to the Fleet but I fear that this will be jeopardised as I simply cannot afford another season ticket. As it was, the first one was an early present for my birthday yesterday and I was just bought the new home shirt on Saturday.

The office are only doing their job & following the warning that is printed in the back of the book of tickets.

Only thing I can think of is for you to write to Brian Killcullen at the club with all the details & see if he'll do anything on your behalf. Won't get you into Saturday's game in time, though, so for that you'll either have to scrape together the £10 or get a friend with a season ticket to let you go with him/her & use their voucher 3 (bring a friend 1/2 price) or 4 (bring a friend free.)

Best of luck

EC

Whilst a entirely different business field, when one of our passengers loses their season tickets there are ways to get a replacement / duplicate issued. If a 2nd claim is made within a couple of years then the fraud department investigate before any decision is made, which can include interviewing the applicant.

The point I am making: if we, as a business, can do it (& you could be talking about thousands of pounds on an annual season ticket) surely the club can for the sake of a couple of hundred?

Mac's argument that 'when the Fleet Office has the reference number of his original season ticket, why they cannot replace it & simply warn the season ticket gate staff to check tickets for the original number in case someone has found it' seems perfectly valid to me.

Then again, I don't run the club - Genius's reply might be the best idea.

I believe that the norm of other clubs, is to issue a replacement for a nominal admin charge.

which seems a sensible approach to me. I have not got my season ticket book with me at the moment,so I can't check if references are on each individual stub , but I presume they are . so therefore the club can tell if the 'lost ' ticket gets presented at the turnstile and can investigate accordingly.

When I misplaced mine last year (ok it was the old style ticket, but that makes no difference as far as I'm concerned) they immediately issued a replacement.

I even offered at the time to pay an admin charge and was told this wasnt necessary.

As FF says,the railways allow one replacement in the year subject to a £10 admin charge.It should not be beyond the club to do something similar.

(What happens if the season ticket is stolen? Wouldnt be the individuals fault, yet the liability would fall on the individual based on the clubs stance (although, I would hope they would accept a crime report number and grant a duplicate on this basis))

If the gatepeople held a list of lost/stolen season tickets,it's not hard(even if they are busy) to check the numbers on each season ticket against this list. The thought of tickets being checked would probably then dissuade anyone with any common sense from obtaining a duplicate to simply defraud the club.

This is why I think the Kent County Cricket system is better. Each member is issued with a credit sized plastic card, which contains a photograph of the member and a bar code. On arriving at the ground you present the card and the staff member confirms it is you and scans it.

This has two advantages:

1)If you lose the card they can simply issue another one, with a new barcode, and void the old one. (The original poster lost his book, but what happens if someone pick pockets you at a game after seeing you enter the Season ticket turnstile?)

2)From a GNFC point of view: Only you can use your season ticket (due to the photo). How many people who cannot make a certain home game lend the ticket to someone who can I wonder?

Obviously I don't know how you purchased your season ticket but if it was bought using a credit card you should be able to reclaim at least some of the cost from the credit card company because the value of the unused tickets is greater than £100. You may need to report the loss to the Police and obtain a crime number.

Quote:
Jimmy said:
The barcode idea is all well and good but it would cost money, I'd rather any spare cash was invested in the team rather than on a new barcode system.

It would only be a one off payment. After that the cost of producing the cards could be included into the cost of the ticket.

No it would not work.

How many season tickets do we have 200 or so.

How much would the system cost to buy install and setup Several thousand I would say once you have run cabling back to a server somewhere and trained staff.

The whole point of having these systems is to analyse results.

Who goes to what games? How did they buy there tickets? Underlying issues like No gills or Charlton at home that weekend, good weather.

It is a data anaylisis tool , not a flash toy.

There is no point buying something just to stop someone getting in with a stolen ticket.

As for the photo thigy. Well last season I missed the exeter game due to a wedding. My dad had nothing to do so asked ot borrow my ticket.

If it was a photo ticket , he could not have used it , and he would not have gone and paid at the gate as he is not a fleet supporter. However , he went on my season ticket , bought two lagers and a burger. Extra cash for the club.

Super duper barcode thingys may be good for those clubs who will benefit , but not to those who need every penny to put together a decent team with decent results and thats what we are and should continue to do.