Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woodward quits England

If he were to be made manager of the Saints surely he'd need to have a coaching bag, which I thought was compulsory for all managers and coaches these days, wouldn't have thought he'd have one of those? Maybe he could get round that with the old favourite "Footballing Director"???

Seems a strange one can't really see him getting a serious footballing job. The speculation regarding Soton could be a bit premature given that he is a Chelsea fan perhaps he was just given a decent seat for the game at the weekend.

The thing is he could not be involved in signings he does not know any players. He could not coach as he does not have the requisite badge and does not know the game. What exactly could he do?

Perhaps he will be ther for just motivational skills alone. Team talk agains Man U

"Come on Lads I know and you know, I know f*ck all about football but we can do these mancs, Jonny erm sorry I mean James your my star player and I want you banging over the posts er i mean in the net for me come on boys"

I think Mr Lowe has stars in his eyes if he seriously thinks he could be a footy manager

I'd go along with that. A football background isn't by any means needed in running the FA. The Sweaty Sock did a decent enough job before the seedy Palios got involved and he had no football background. Woodward is a proven winner and a great motivator, the FA would be a great place for him to be.

If that's the standard of the F.A. secretary's then I'LL aplly for the bl**dy job, USA !