Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Glory Seeker?

Blind Bigot

I think that 2000 average attendance might be a long way off. Bare in mind that today only brought 1700 against a nearby team, with a large away support, with no games for local fan-snatchers Gills and Charlton... Remember we still have relatively dull outings such as Scarborough, Leigh RMI and Halifax still to come that are very unlikely to attract many over 1000.

An uneasy performance for large periods today was hidden by the slightly fortunate victory. It seems unlikely that the same result will follow next week if we play that way against the Bulls. Louis looked lacklustre, Manny was largely anonimous and McKimm is yet to put in a solid performance this season. I fear over-reliance on the creative powers of Drury and Moussa might tell over the next few games, particularly a difficult trip to Underhill in two weeks.

Still, it has been a tremendous start to the season, very few would have expected such an amazing start from the boys. Andy has done well so far with the rotation of the forwards and the strongly contested full back positions. However, the way the players have shared out the goals has been the most impressive factor, with I believe seven players on two goals so far, shattering the fear that this season the focus might have fallen on Roy too often to provide moments of inspiration with goals from nowhere.

So the unbeaten run continues...already looking forward to next week's imminent goal-fest, judging on past games with Hereford. Let's all get behind the team to sustain the excellent 3rd place we find ourselves in. Come On You Redsss!

Its easy to knock the idea of 2000 average - but it all depends on how much longer we can maintain our performances and results.

ok - so Leigh will only bring 1 man and his dog, but if we have done well over the 4 games in the period before that game, I think we can still attract 1300-1400 to a game such as that.

Similar thoughts apply to other less high profile games.

And dont forget that we play Crawley on New Years Day, which is likely to attract a very decent crowd as, no doubt, would the Barnet,Woking and Aldershot home games (and potentially Canvey as well).

So,if we maintain our place in range of play off places,then I certainly believe an average of 2000 for the season could be attained. Obviously,if we drop away over the season, crowds will drop and we wont achieve that average, but lets be positive here - we CAN maintain our place and no opposition should hold any fears for us at present.

Up the Fleet.

Dead right mate!

'Off my tits' more like! Got back at about 7pm! What with the Fleet result yesterday and now 4-0 to the Terriers today! Whaaaaaaaaat a weekend!

We (the Terriers) were fantastic today. Out faught 'em, dominated 'em and arseole 'em. What more could a 'Blind Bigot' want?

Magical!

Coooome Ooooooooon Yoooooooooooooou Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!

BB cool.gif