Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another mystery for Jonanthan Creek..........

David Holden

Think your being a bit unfair there. Drury has been outstanding in all four away games. Maybe not quite as good in the home games, although thought he played pretty well today (Sep I know). IMO there have been many outstanding performers in our start to the season, Drury is up there we've them. Think we can do without petty bickering about player of the month, especially after today

Didn't think it was one of Mannys better games today. Both he and Louis didn't hold the ball up that well, but they were up against some quality defending. After the last two posts I do wonder whether some people are actually watching the same game as me. Question to Fleet Fanatic do you actually want ball players in your side, players who create, go past players, and can be match winners. Yes they are bound to lose the ball at times, Manny does, Moussa does, even Premier League players like Ronaldo and Giggs do.

Do they get stick for it, no because these players can turn a game in a second. Fleet Fanatic stick to train spotting you haven't got a clue

This is all getting a bit tedious, and I don't know why you had to bring it up in the first place. Does it really matter, after all it's a team game, and it's results that count, and we're playing fairly well aren't we so why can't you just enjoy the moment. With the criticism of the two Andy's would you like them to return the awards?

Sometimes,I think some of you lads get to the ground too early,hit the old Fosters,and end up with a snapshot of the game,and don`t see the true worth of some of the players on view.Andy Drury has been a revelation this season.Coupled with a midfield that has really fought for every ball this time around.We are winning matches this season because of a dominant midfield and Ben Surey,Macca and Jay Saunders have been superb so far.Add to that, Moussa`s contribution when he comes on and we have a winning formula.By the way,let`s tidy up on the spelling (it is supposed to be your native language!)

Moussa will, no doubt,run away with the MOM vote this time,simply because of the 2 goals he scored - obviously vitally important, but as you say,others toiled for 90 minutes today,producing solid performances,probably without recognition.

Given the fact that our teamwork is so good,with no real individual stars,it will almost always be difficult to pick out one individual above all others,unless someone does something really special.

Incidentally, have the Club stopped doing a "Sponsors MOM" now? We dont appear to have had any announcements of this,this season?

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Fleet Fanatic stick to train spotting you haven't got a clue

How intelligent..... thank you for your constructive reply - NOT!

HOW ABOUT EXPLAINING WHY YOU DISAGREE WITH ME?????

Personally, I think Drury was be a bigger influence if he learnt how to release the ball quicker. There are too many games when he holds it up for too long or tries to take on one too many players when there are other players in space. He isn't Moussa or Manny, who are more capable of taking players on than he is. Maybe you have been watching different games, or too busy stuffing your face at the burger bar to notice this?

Your turn.....

Personally, I gave MOM to Shearer. Whilst I appreciate Moussa's 2 superlative strikes, to come in for you first league game of the season, reportedly in poor form and in dispute with Andy over selection, Shears was immense. Didn't lose a header, miss a tackle or interception, and passed well. Back to his very best. It could have been a weak link in the team. In fact he fill the hole left by Ports so well he must surely start alongside Mooro next week.

Agree Gary - I thought Shearer was really good in the halves he came on in the pre-season friendlies and gave a really solid performance yesterday. Lee's problem however is that Graham Porter has had such a good start to the season, so much so that Graham is my choice for player of the month.

Just wonder how fanatical you are i.e how many games have you seen this season? I've been to every one. As for the burgers I'm quite capable of going a couple of hours without filling my face, I dare say you spend a lot of time in bar though