Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

From the Hereford forum..

Stu M

"For anyone"!!

So you are not going to lose another game then?

Well this turns the whole "arrogant Hereford "thread on its head doesnt it?

Now we really are the underdogs.There is no more dangerous underdog in football than Hereford United my friend!

Absolutely-Have you tried driving from the west of England to Londons east end for an evening kick off!

I suspect we are not as good this season but we are still capable of some outstanding football.

no disrespect but we shouldnt be playing u in the first place we were the best side in the conf last season only we were cheated out of the league by a ref not fit for sunday league football at the expense of two sides 17+ points behind us

still i wont bore u anymore like i have the sloppies they already know they were very lucky to go up, anyway may the best team win this w/e afro.gif

"We were the best side in the league" -unfortunately,the league table doesnt lie,and over 42 games,you came second, which only qualified you for the playoffs.

And - whether it was dodgy refereeing or not - you failed to beat Aldershot in, not just 1 game, but 2 games.

You,therefore,stayed in this league - get used to that fact - you could be here for more than this season.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
no disrespect but we shouldnt be playing u in the first place we were the best side in the conf last season only we were cheated out of the league by a ref not fit for sunday league football at the expense of two sides 17+ points behind us

still i wont bore u anymore like i have the sloppies they already know they were very lucky to go up, anyway may the best team win this w/e afro.gif

your not mr king in disguise are you ?

shrewsbury were lucky 2 go up coz chester finished top and aldershot beat us on penalties so shrewsbury were able to play the 5th place team in the final instead of one of the top 2

either us or chester would have been tougher opponents at stoke than aldershot, who the slop could only scrape past on penalties

"Puzzles me how Shrewsbury were 'lucky' to go up.

At the start of the season, EVERY club knows the rules:"

And we too were aware there was a chance a side could go up through the playoffs injustly, that does not mean surely that we are not allowed to complain when it happens?

I felt for the Hereford fans a bit to be honest. You can bang on about the 'knowing the rules' till you're blue in the face, but try telling me that if we'd led the Conference/been hot on the heels of the leaders all season, then had two off days when it mattered, that we wouldn't feel hard done by...

thats very true on performances based on a whole season, Hereford should have gone up, but the rules are rules and you have to win games in order to get the reward, they didnt win when it realy counted. The team that does go up must surely have the right to take part in the play off because they have been on the tails of the front teams all season, ok they may be several points behind but they are there within the rules, and the chance they are given they took with both hands and won.

Cheers Stu.

I know that the play offs are exciting and who knows may work in our favour this time!

The squad has now split up but the best example i can give you of how good we were is this.

Two weeks before we played Daggers away,Shrewsbury went to Victoria Road and lost 5-0.Fact is that Dagenham were not a bad side last season and finished mid table.As everyone now knows we utterly destroyed them 9-0 with one of the finest performances I have ever seen.

It is hard to take,especially as Shrewsbury are local rivals of ours,but we are trying to move on-honestly!!

I think that the problem Hereford has faced has been inconsistency. The team either is on fire - scoring 3+ goals and destroying teams...or nervous and losing by one goal often from a defensive mistake.

If Hereford are to go up then they will need to get a more even level to their performances. Luckily last week in the second half against Halifax that seemed to be achieved - and the aim won't be to score 9 goals on Saturday but to play well and get a result. Hopefully a win.

Hereford will respect Gravesend because no team goes unbeaten in the Conference unless they have some quality about them. It will be tough - but this is the sort of "underdog" challenge that Hereford like :-) and that is why so many Bulls fans are looking forward to coming along on Saturday - probably between 400 - 700 of us ! Hopefully near the second figure so the crowd is above 2,000 for what could be one of the best games of the season. ooo.gif

Quote:
Stu M said:
I felt for the Hereford fans a bit to be honest. You can bang on about the 'knowing the rules' till you're blue in the face, but try telling me that if we'd led the Conference/been hot on the heels of the leaders all season, then had two off days when it mattered, that we wouldn't feel hard done by...

Losing 1-0 at home to Leigh RMI was another 'off day'?