Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Survival Courses

The skills defecit is present now. The country cannot afford to wait to train the youth of today or wait for these jobs to become more attractive prospects. That is why skilled workers are being encouraged to enter the country because they are prepared to work bloody hard at a job they have been trained for. They are prepared to start work immediately at the current pay rate.

Now if we could only find a way to get rid of the useless, brainless youths who find it perfectly acceptable to spend the vast majority of their time hanging round street corners abusing passers-by rather than doing some hard work to better themselves.

The skill shortage is not to be cured by semi-skilled people who do not speak English

You are suggesting short termism and depriving the trades of their rightful place in the perception of school leavers

Let the skill (full skills) shortage exist until the right money becomes attractive to those school leavers

I don't agree with you that those taking the jobs are semi-skilled.

School leavers are not adequately skilled. Incentives to train are however necessary.

I see them on a day to day basis not only are they semi-skilled in the vast majority but they are most certainly cheap

No! just for a change look after our own,create shortfalls in the skill trades, allow the wage levels to drift upwards and lets get some pride (and cash) back into being a tradesman

I see them on a near daily basis at the moment. They are highly skilled, caring and good at their job. I am glad that they are there. Although I think we are talking at slightly cross-purposes because I have nurses in mind.

Agree those I have met in the NHS as ever doing superbly

Skilled craftsman however a different story and it is an absolute that the image of the skilled craftsman in this country must be elevated to the level where "achieving" school leavers see a career that is viable and well paid

Respect is essential

Why aren't there enough skilled youngsters to fill the jobs?????? Ask your Politicians who effectively killed off the very efficient Apprenticeship Schemes, and blame your Unions that allowed it, why the Scheme that they put into place of the quick 6 month courses that left kids in limbo haveing supposedly trained for a skilled job, only to be told by Employers they weren't trained at all!