Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

Photo

Crossers of the ball!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Canvey Crane

Canvey Crane
  • Reserves
Any decent crossers of the ball wanted....please apply to CIFC. Seriously we need to get a replacement to duffers. His work rate is fantastic but he can't cross and he can't beat players with much conviction - am I the only one who see's this.

If you have watched the games this season both home and away. Teams seem to play with a 442 or 352 system. In both systems you need players that can us the wing to it's full effect even more so with the 352 as they need to be able to cover alot of ground when covering in defence. I'll give duffers his due - I think hes a fantastic talent and his height and athletic ability do add to the teams attributes, i just think that playing our system in this league isolates him.

Furthermore I'd like to say a well done to the entire team, and staff for what has been a great start to the season - only losing one game is a great acheivement and one that others should be proud of (not mentioning any names)

Well I suppose I should do some work...........lord knows I have plenty of it!

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
Duffers has been a bit poor this season but he was fantastic away at Exiter so he can do it.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
i dont think u can critise individuals.. duffers is isolated on occasion cos the other teams are good, close us down and stop us playing.. when they get into the groove expect to see him back to his best (remeber we are always poor starters to the season)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Must admit Duffy was one of those players that I thought may struggle - but, like Ken, I thought he played extremely well at Exeter.

I know what your saying about being closed down and time on the ball against players who are playing at a better standard, but Duffy worried me last season where the competition was not as strong.

Hopefully with some positive support he will click into gear, although at Scarborough Ollie fitted in very well.

While I'm on a role, the other player who I thought may struggle was Chenners - his distribution of the ball can be poor, but he is very committed when playing. I must say that at the moment he hasn't done to bad in the conference games I have seen - IMHO

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Duffers was back to his best away at exeter so he has proved he can still do it at this level. We know he can & so does he but i think he's a bit low on confidence at the mo.

I would have duffers on the left side & keeling on right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus