Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-August 17 )

• Photo
    behindthegoal

• Photo
    theabbeyabbott

• Photo
    gerk

• Photo
    mafa1978

• Photo
    fatman

• Photo
    lower league

Farnborough game at risk

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I have just been told by a source that I trust, there are talks going on at board level regarding ownership of the club.

I have been told that if the planned announcement (5pm) is delayed or not what people want to hear there will be a mass walk out of backroom staff and players. This evening where would that leave us.

offline Shoulders

Shoulders
  • Trainee
P**sed off on the M3. At least i'm not driving.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
OBVIOUSLY I MEAN FARNBOROUGH NOT CANVEY

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
There`s a thread about this on their forum http://www.confguide...ad&thread=10736

I can`t see the playing staff refusing to play because they would be in breach of contract and that would allow the new owners (IF they get the club) to do what they have already threatened to do and get rid of them on the cheap. Saying that it takes a lot more than just the players to get the game on, if stewards refuse to work then who knows what might happen.

offline Exile

Exile
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
well there have certainly been talks going on this week - a statement was issued on a Farnborough site yesterday talks ongoing
Probably best to wait and see what (if anything) happens - my guess is talks will continue next week if they are not ready to announce anything today. I think it is unlikely there will be a mass walkout, but then Farnborough players and fans have been through a tough few weeks and may want to take some sort of action if things drag on.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
it will be a shame, it is one of the games that i have been most looking forward to. but i understand if they do it. im sure they will have the backing of many a canvey fan if they do what they have to. hopefully the decision will go the right way

offline Staying-up

Staying-up
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Cant see them all walking out as it would mean the conference would have no option but to award the game to us and noone wants that.

Makes you realize how lucky we are at Canvey we have no problems with who owns our team.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Yes the club has been subject to a hostile and unwanted takeover bid. However, the parties in the dispute are trying to resolve issues.

The match between Farnborough Town and Canvey Island will go ahead, as current owner/chairman, Tony Theo, has called on both the paid and volunteer staff to work normally on Saturday.

Dependent upon the outcome of ongoing talks, I expect that some volunteer staff will walk away, but whether this is before, furing, or after the match remains speculation.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It's a shame a match can be postponed or cancelled due to polictics. All everyone wants is to watch a good game of football!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus