Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnborough game at risk

I have just been told by a source that I trust, there are talks going on at board level regarding ownership of the club.

I have been told that if the planned announcement (5pm) is delayed or not what people want to hear there will be a mass walk out of backroom staff and players. This evening where would that leave us.

There`s a thread about this on their forum http://www.confguide.com/ftfc.mpl?action=View+Thread&thread=10736

I can`t see the playing staff refusing to play because they would be in breach of contract and that would allow the new owners (IF they get the club) to do what they have already threatened to do and get rid of them on the cheap. Saying that it takes a lot more than just the players to get the game on, if stewards refuse to work then who knows what might happen.

well there have certainly been talks going on this week - a statement was issued on a Farnborough site yesterday talks ongoing

Probably best to wait and see what (if anything) happens - my guess is talks will continue next week if they are not ready to announce anything today. I think it is unlikely there will be a mass walkout, but then Farnborough players and fans have been through a tough few weeks and may want to take some sort of action if things drag on.

Yes the club has been subject to a hostile and unwanted takeover bid. However, the parties in the dispute are trying to resolve issues.

The match between Farnborough Town and Canvey Island will go ahead, as current owner/chairman, Tony Theo, has called on both the paid and volunteer staff to work normally on Saturday.

Dependent upon the outcome of ongoing talks, I expect that some volunteer staff will walk away, but whether this is before, furing, or after the match remains speculation.