Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Manny not a fox in the box???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Chad

Chad
  • Reserves
I felt in the last 2 outings of seeing Fleet at home that Manny isn't quite the fox in the box he perhaps should be. His work outside of the box and out wide is very good but I just feel he needs to be bombing into that 6-yard box more often. We would've been possibly 2 up against Stevenge with those crosses going across their box with someone on the end of them.

offline Lil' Red Neck

Lil' Red Neck
  • Spectator
I myself think manny is a great player, but i did notice that when we took a corner i think it was, we had no one at the back post so the ball went off for a goal kick. If we had some one there we would have been a goal up

offline the red 1

the red 1
  • Trainee
I think manny is a class act and unfortunately the tactics used by stevenage left manny isolated and quite honestly he looked average that game.

Not all teams will play the stevenage stifling style,I beleive a team like Hereford will bring out the best in manny and tomorrow we will see whaat he can really do in their box.

offline michael

michael
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Margate
Think you will find he will fade into a good sub.

Respect all of Your managers signings, but this one will not work out.
It never does

offline KShep

KShep
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I think both teams' tactics cancelled Manny out on Saturday, but we'll get that with nearly all of our players in the course of the season! Yet i think he did produce the most amazing bit of skill I've seen at Stonebridge Road for about 3 seasons where he took the ball round 4 players then just missed a classy chip, that was what Manny Omoyinmi is about, (+ the goal poacher too!) Let's hope to see more of him, Roy, Andy D and Moose n Saturday!! UP THE FLEET!!!

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
Chad said:
I felt in the last 2 outings of seeing Fleet at home that Manny isn't quite the fox in the box he perhaps should be.

The goals he scored against Morecambe & York suggest otherwise, where he used his pace to get to the ball before the 'keeper.....

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
And whilst he may not have scored against Stevenage, his pass set up Moussa's equaliser.

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
I think he should use the "manny sloping"forehead for some pitching wedge like flick ons, but only if he uses his height.

offline CC

CC
  • Reserves
I still think he's the key that opens up defences- his movement and work rate can sometimes go unnoticed

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
Why don't you concentrate on what Margate are doing?
Maybe you could try and break the 300 attendance barrier next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus