Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today

mikefleet

It had to come, shame yes, i know but it had to come. Hereford last team to beat us and again now.

But heads up and bring on Barnet, first away game for me next week and can't wait.

I am sure Andy will get us winning again, and we have only sliped 1.

Well done to the boys for 18 super games unbeaten.

and its just a one off.

Up The Fleet

I have to say wilko was at fault for second came out way to early and then hesitated realising he was too far out.. although completely different from first goal it was same mistake and he new it!!!

Oh well - bulls were good although neither side showed what they can really do... we had more possession i would have thought but didnt really create and moussa on the left is a big no no.. he links well with proths not when on opposite sides though.....

oh well . . . . . not too sour.. thought ref was very average... few ridiculous decisions... the handball in particular.. but there you go!!

Overall a fairly even game (one half eaach). Bad mistake from Wilko for the equaliser. Either we have moved on or Hereford arnt as good as last year. I suspect its the first. Credit to Hereford for a good second half display. Where were our defence for the second. Too busy attacking. We should have been making sure of the point not throwing players forward. Crowd was dissapointing. Hereford I guess only had 250/300. Less than expected. Shame about the small minotity who although not violent really were very agressive. So there you are, the run is ended at home at least. Congratulatios Hereford and I have a funny feeling 'The Fleet' will be too good for Barnet next week. Dont despair

Quote:
mikefleet said:
There keeper is on loan from Preston from the 1st Division sorry championship. thats why and he has played for Scotland earlier this year.
bit of a difference.

Just to quantify this jonathan gould is indeed on an extended months loan from preston ... he is their 3rd string goalkeeper at present.
He is a scottish international but again his last squad appearance was against holland in the euro 2004 qualifier in november 2003.
I hope like most fans that HUFC do everything possible to keep him

Made a great save from Drury in the first half. Was dissapointed to lose after going 1-0. I thought Moussa was marked out of the game, credit to their defender (can't recall his name) for keeping him quiter then usual, and Louis after coming on wasn't very good. for me his best game was york, and the last two he hasn't impressed as much. On to Barnet, which will be very tough but am looking forward to going there. I just hope the teams "bouncebackabillity" is good (fans of soccer am will know understand the last sentence lol)

Our run had to end sometime,but it was a shame we lost it to two bad goals.First half was all ours,and we should have taken more advantage of all our possession.Come the second half what a change!Wilko must claim the ball if he is going to come for it.He was caught in no-man`s land again.The second goal found Protheroe way out of position and made it pretty simple for Hereford.Andy Drury was having to play at right back for a period, and Moussa on the left didn`t really work.Pre-season,James Pinnock and Roy played well together.I`d like to see them start and Manny and Moussa coming on as a double substitution later in the game,when defenders are tiring.All in all,a few players had a 'bad day at the office',but congratulations to everyone for a tremendous run,and let`s keep the away record going next week at Barnet!

Have to say id keep manny on from start - agree about pinnock he looks good at all times, but manny has energy in abundance and makes very important runs both with and without the ball!! He is always a danger going forward..... Him and Shears for me as MOTM . . . shame but we didnt play that well . . .

Shearer was good today,but I think Chris Moore has struggled this season except away to Canvey where he manmarked Boylan brilliantly,only for Porter to get all the plaudits.He`s distribution has been lousy in most of the games so far.Perhaps it`s time to start with Shearer and Porter.

After the elation of last week this feels like an anti climax but hey, we've lost a game and are still in a play off position!

The wind was a big factor today and it took the edge off the game for me. The good thing is that we can all see there is room for improvement and with the players we have I'm sure they'll respond.

As I said to my daughter at half time, we've come a long way, look at the five subs, three years ago they would have walked into our first team - if we had been credible enough to attract them here in the first place.

ps on the subject of credibility, Cheer, Cheer Here Come the 'Fleet is part of our history - let's leave it there - it's cringeworthy!

pps and before anyone says anything, I know I used to play it when I did the tannoy but it was always reluctantly!

Sounds like we ground it out today.Hope it was an ok match though,your fans deserve that.On the subject of our away following,we were never going to bring more than about 300.It is a long way for us and we were very disappointing at home last week.Some posters were wildly over optimistic about how many would come-sorry.Lets drink to us both making the play offs!

Oh well, the unbeaten run had to end eventually. At least it was to a worthy team, who played open football, passed it around and didn't want to waste time.

Graham Turner does organise his teams well, and they looked a very fit outfit, much more so than Stevenage.

No names, but we were a bit lacklustre today, maybe one or two changes for the Barnet and D & R games may liven things up.

I expect Hereford to make the play offs, on our this seasons performances so far, we cannot be too far behind.

Bad luck you reds, beaten on the day by (probably) the better side.

At leaast we went down fighting.

Some seem disappointed with todays attendance - taking account of the fact that there were 150 fewer Hereford fans than Stevenage (approx), the level of home support increased again today from c1300 to c1400 (at worst 1350).

Given that Gills were at home today and werent last week,thats not bad,in reality.

Think we really lost the game in midfield today - gave the ball away too often for comfort. And the fact that we seemed attack minded at the same time, merely played straight into Herefords hands with their speedy breakaways,one of which brought about their second goal.

Will be another tough one next week, but hey, we'll be back in our favoured role of underdsog again - I doubt many will expect us to take anything from Barnet. And lets not forget that we still have a long unbeaten away run to protect - lets not lose that immediately after losing our overall unbeaten run.

Our next two home games against Daggers and Leigh are eminently winnable -I'll settle for a point from each of our next 3 away games,though. Anything more will be a real bonus.

One last thing - last time we lost a game, it was against Hereford at home - if todays defeat sees us follow the same route of 18 games unbeaten subsequently, I wont care too much about todays loss !!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Moussa on the left didn't work because we kept thumping balls straight down the middle!

Also, for some reason Moussa seemed to switch flanks a couple of times, which possibly disrupted his rhythm. Still, he can't be a superhero each week.

I too would have to praise Hereford - while they didn't have the majority of the play, it was a classic away performance with well-executed breakaway goals, particularly the second.