Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Game..

Matt (GNFC)

Well dont know where to start really, i thought the first 30 minutes were very even and then we saw Charlie Mitten at his worst unfortunately. He was appaling for the first, second, third and fourth goals and anyone there would have to agree. Wilko will be back between the sticks on Tuesday.

Sorry to pick on the negative points but

Protheroe and Rouse - Its ok playing these flair players against the lesser teams who we can attack against but in my opinion against the top teams these players and in particular Rouse are woefully exposed. I would like to see us play our best defence and therefore would like to see Gledhill and Skinner back at the earlierst oppurtunity.

Shearer - Looks like he may have a broken nose. Hatch should have been sent off no question, u cant have an accidental elbow. He was very good for the first 30 minutes and it was downhill once he went off.

Jackson - Unless he was injured his future must be in doubt as to sub the sub is a bit insulting. Ive not been his biggest fan since he returned but i actually thought he wasnt playing so bad.

Manny - Needs to start. Again as against Hereford we pretty much played the long ball game. We played with very little width the whole match which is the complete opposite of how we played for the first 6.

Roy - Played well won almost every header but was wasted as nobody in support. My MOM as he worked tirelessly with very little support

Good side though Barnet fair play to them, we have been exposed in the last two games as to where our weaknesses are.

Agree with Matt - Lovell is NOT a defender. Time and again he's exposed. Barnet rounded him three or four times before they scored. I think he's skilful and he'd be useful down the wing, but at left back I'd sooner have Jackson when Skinner's not fit.

All those calling for a change to the team after Hereford - well, back to square one, I think. I'd have Manny back in an instant (nobody created today) and Mitten's shot his bolt by the performance today. I wouldn't particularly bother extending Louis' loan period either. I think he's had a fair crack of the whip but doesn't justify starting ahead of Pinnock.

Apologies to Matt for calling him Matt Rouse!! I think also if u look at the balance of the team that the reason why Matt may be time and time exposed against these better teams is that he's being asked to play both left back and left midfield. On the right hand side Proths has Drury in front of him yet our midfield is slightly imbalanced as we play Macca, Surey and Saunders in the same team and they are all central midfielders and play as central midfielders in the game. Again, Matt's not the greatest defender but maybe Andy needs to balance the flanks a bit more to give his left back more protection.

I would be tempted to play the following team vs Daggers as i think Moussa deserves a start.

Wilkerson

Gledhill Rom.B Moore Skinner

Sidibe Mckimm Surey Drury/Lovell

Omoyimni Essandoh

Subs: Saunders, Protheroe, Pinnock, Lovell/Drury, Mitten

Well i am afraid today was just one of those days, nothing went right, the weather, the ref, and well those substitutions?????I can only guess Andy must of had a funny fag before the game,he must have his reasons and yes before anyone says it, he does know more than us, and he has done a brilliant job,but why he bought jacko off is beyond me, imo i thought he had the bit between his teath and was realy up for it, only to be taken off, then he took roy off why? all will be revealed, but i cant understand why dury stayed on, i thought it was about a poor a performance ive seen him put in.Fair play to Barnet though they looked good, they wanted it and looked very sharp and quick, they closed us down at every opertunity,i think the title is going to be between them and Hereford.

OUR FANS

class, loud , and very very loyal, well done to us all today there were loads of us dont know how many 300 ish, but we were certainly loud, and that rendition of andy fords red and white army, was brilliant to be singing like that when even 4-0 down that was pure ace.....As for the barnet fans leaving early well that was pathetic.

Tuesday is a problem now if shearer is out and moore is suspended, lets hope Andy gets the house in order by then, lets hope so and lets give them that away support at home tuesday night.

Agreed about support - was superb - will have extreme sore throat for football in the morning!!

Back to the action on the pitch!!

Wilko should return - very harsh on Charlie but he was at fault for between 1 and 4 of the goals depending on opinions... defo goal 3 and the weak punch!!

Jefferson can go find another club - it would be a step back to sign him - unfortunately i have a feeling we willl extend as Fordy seems to prefer him!!

Jacko must feel like s**t - he was playing really well settled it down - good game and then subbed!!

Meanwhile Drury is having a shocker and stays on when obviously knackered!!

Moussa and Manny on way too late - 10 minutes earlier and who knows??!!

back to jefferson - he really is struggling!!

Roy - should be starting and finishing games - he won everything in the air and chases centre backs down (just like our friend hatch)

On to hatch - what a great game he had for them today - has improved no end for the full time training hes received - well done. BUT he did elbow Shearer and has lost us our form centre back - he also took Drury out and massacred mitten!!

Lovell and protheroe - agreed comments although in Lovell's defence he had a good game today - proths did not.....

My MOTM is a dead heat this week and i think most will agree - Saunders - a rock at the back, wouldve been 9 if it wasnt for him

Macca - superb in a poor performance. . .

oh well roll on tuesday!! SHOULD be easier all things crossed!!

To be honest, I expected more from G&N today. You disappointed most of us, though obviously we're not disappointed with the result. You are a very big, strong, physical side, but that seemed to be it. You pumped no end of long balls up to Essandoh and Louis but there was no end product. You've clearly got a talented team there, your run of results and league position doesn't lie, but I can't help feeling that if you played more football and concentrated on kicking the football more than your opponents, you would be a side worthy of consideration for the play-offs. But on todays evidence, I can't see better than mid-table for you. It's no good having a strong, physical aspect to your game if you haven't got the guile and skill to go with it. How many times was our keeper tested today? I'll tell you - none, except for a scrappy goal at the death. Of course, it was a good battle today and you made us work harder than any other team so far this season, but you just didn't seem to have that finishing edge to your game. Get that, and you will be alright, but without that, which was in evidence today, you will realise that you won't be able to out-muscle every team that you play.

I have to agree with your comments about your subs. Andy Ford seems to be a very shrewd manager, but I did think he left it late with bringing Sidibe and Manny on. Louis and Essandoh won a lot of headers outside the box, but did no damage at all in the box. In the short time the subs were on, they caused us more problems in ten minutes that the other two did all game. Switch your strikers around, better still send Louis back to Oxford. He's all arms and elbows with little skill. I'm sure that will invite comments about Liam Hatch today, but from where I was standing, I'll have to do my Arsene impression and say I didn't see it ;-)

All the best lads, keep smiling :-)

Fair views there.

Have to say I didnt think we kicked and lumped any more than you guys it was that kind of game.

Had the linesman after your 4th goal seen hendon and Lovell maybe Hendon wouldve marched??!! who knows spilt milk now. . .

You have to understand that that is the only time you have seen us this year - we ripped Hereford apart in parts and Stevenage . . .

We normally start with Manny and moussa comes on as he did but Fordy resorted to the 2 big guys up front today and it was awful - and i would like to add - our normal keeper was benched and he can;

Catch

Kick

Save

GOAL KEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to be a minor blip on a good season ahead . . . . . .

Richard C said:

Back to the action on the pitch!!

Wilko should return - very harsh on Charlie but he was at fault for between 1 and 4 of the goals depending on opinions... defo goal 3 and the weak punch!!

*** Very harsh on Charlie, come on Richard he was shocking ***

Jefferson can go find another club - it would be a step back to sign him - unfortunately i have a feeling we willl extend as Fordy seems to prefer him!!

*** Why will it be a set back if we extend his loan. I think he has a lot about him, pace and power and can finish. He's our 2nd leading scorer with 6 others just give him more than 5 games to settle in.

Jacko must feel like s**t - he was playing really well settled it down - good game and then subbed!!

** Agree with u about Jacko feeling sh1t but if u look at what Andy said u can see his point. Jacko hasnt got the pace to go past people anymore. Even if Drury is having an ineffective match which he did today he still has more ability on the flank these days than Jacko.

Meanwhile Drury is having a shocker and stays on when obviously knackered!! Point outlined above

Moussa and Manny on way too late - 10 minutes earlier and who knows??!! Who knows

back to jefferson - he really is struggling!!

Disagree - I think certain members of the crowd have taken a dislike to him.. Same old story at the Fleet.

Roy - should be starting and finishing games - he won everything in the air and chases centre backs down (just like our friend hatch)

Did Roy actually look like scoring today though ? He was my MOM as he put a lot of effort in but who looked more likely to score him or Louis? I think the answer was Louis today.

On to hatch - what a great game he had for them today - has improved no end for the full time training hes received - well done. BUT he did elbow Shearer and has lost us our form centre back - he also took Drury out and massacred mitten!!

He looked good as he was only against one center half.

Lovell and protheroe - agreed comments although in Lovell's defence he had a good game today - proths did not.....

** what game are u watching, u think if Lovell makes a few decent runs yet the opposition have 6 scoring chances down his flank that constitutes a good game?? **

My MOTM is a dead heat this week and i think most will agree - Saunders - a rock at the back, wouldve been 9 if it wasnt for him

Macca - superb in a poor performance. . .

** Saunders - caught out for pace as a center half when Shearer was sent off. If Shearer had stayed on it wouldn't have been 4. Saunders was not MOM. He tried hard but he is not a good center half vs Grazioli and Hatch.

oh well roll on tuesday!! SHOULD be easier all things crossed!!

*** As u can see Richard, im sorry but i just dont agree with a lot of your assesmnet on the match but its all about opinions !! ***

I still have to agree to disagree about Lovell and Protheroe - Yes they both were not up to scratch but if comparing their games, i have to say lovell had a better game than Protheroe, caught out way too much - But again i think that comes back to Barnets best player - Number 11 being down proths wing??!!

We shall see - Remember I have a bet on Roy so im probably being a tad biased. Although I still cannot see what Jefferson brings to the team - Roy doesnt miss Headed sitters! Roy does work harder - And the best forward line available to Andy at the moment has to be Roy and Manny.

Again i will finish by saying it is only Opinions and we are both right to say its up to Andy to choose and he generally does very well!!

I thought you were quite unlucky today to be honest. I think we deserved to win, but 4-1 was never a fair reflection on the game as you did look pretty dangerous going forward in my opinion. Your support was pretty good, 311 in numbers with that drum being useful again, try and get more people to join in vocally and you'll be on a winner.

I can see you pushing for a playoff place on that display today.....

Oh and we bumped into your defender who got taken off early (Shearer?) and he even posed for a couple of photos with a very bad looking nose. Good lad!

If Hereford was bringing us back to earth then today was the bumpy landing along the tarmac!

I'm going to throw my opinions into the ring;

Today's result / blame clearly lies with the manager. Yes, we were all calling for Mitten but playing against the league leaders do you really recall your inferior 'keeper who has barely played all season? There is a very big gulf between Wilko & Mitten and it showed today. As for the choice of subs.....well really. Drury should have been subbed (another performance from him to back my opinion up) instead of Jacko. Louis should have been subbed instead of Roy. Bizarre.....

I think Mitten may have played his last game for us.

Handy hints;

1) Get Drury out on loan & only bring him back when he can PASS TO ANOTHER PLAYER IN A RED SHIRT. Time after time AGAIN today, the ball-hogging sod either lost the ball or played the ball back to Barnet. Promising player - yes. Team player - no.

2) Don't bother extending Louis's loan period - pay a fee for a proven striker - the Gladwish sponsorship deal was billed as 'enabling us to play on a more even field' - yet to see the evidence of that in the transfer market?

3) Bye bye Mitten - bring a 'keeper in on loan with league experience or a promising youngster from a top-level club (rumours of one from Charlton doing the rounds?)

4) Get Sidibe starting a game - get at the opposition, get an early goal or two - don't bring him on & expect 'the Stevenage miracle' everytime we are in trouble!

The play-offs are still a possibilty - not the reality.

James_BFC said:

Your support was pretty good, 311 in numbers with that drum being useful again, try and get more people to join in vocally and you'll be on a winner.

/quote]

2335 crowd and our 311 made more noise than the other 1900 ish put together so i think vocally and drum wise we already are a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!1 tongue2.gif

FF is right to say that the timing of Mitten's recall was particularly bizarre. I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but was Wilko really doing all that badly? It seems as though he was dropped purely for his positioning error for Tretton's equaliser against us last week.

That said, while I was fuming with Mitten at half-time, having had time to calm down it has to be said that one bad game doesn't make him a rubbish 'keeper. It's easy to criticize now, but I remember how many of us were praising his performances when he was given run-outs at the back end of last season, and only this week were keen to see him recalled. Of course, it would seem reasonable to bring Wilko back for Dagenham after Mitten's errors yesterday, but you can't write him off totally after one performance.

Quote:
Richard C said: our normal keeper was benched and he can;

Catch

Kick

Save

GOAL KEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In actual fact, I think Mitten is a better kicker than Wilko. A poor display yesterday doesn't mean he must automatically be inferior to Wilko in all departments.

As for Drury, he can at times be a good team player - remember his excellent through ball to Moussa for the winner against Stevenage when he could just as easily have gone it alone? However, in general you're right, FF, he does need to pass the ball more.

Agree 100%, people calling for mitten to be played after Hereford game had me totally baffled, well now you've had your wish.

Matt Lovell should be attaking midfielder feeding off knock ons from roy and generally buzzing/attacking up and down the wing, he is not a defender and got turned inside out yesterday. Roll on tuesday and lets put it right against Dagenham. taz.gif

Quote:
Agree 100%, people calling for mitten to be played after Hereford game had me totally baffled, well now you've had your wish.

Couldn't agree more - They were the same ones calling for Manny to be dropped !!!!!!!

We were discussing this in the pub before the game, and couldn't understand why people were calling for Wilko and Mannys head.

And that we should not panic after losing just 1 game.

So couldn't believe it when I saw the starting line up. We didn't need to tinker.

I am a big Fan of Andy Ford, but I thinked he boobed yesterday. Hopefully he won't take any more notice of the 'experts' on here.

But onwards and upwards, as long as we learn from these mistakes we will be OK.

Up the Fleet

I have to say, what more could you expect from a keeper who was 2nd choice to Smith at margate.

Drury did hold on to the ball for too long on too many occasions when a pass would of been a better options, and lets be honest lovell would make a better midfielder then a full back, he pushes forward well but cant get back and make a decent challange!

Also im still a little puzzeled as to why Andy took off a left footed winger for a right footed one, and stuck drury, who was playing poor, on the left when he is right footed to!

Im not sure if moussa should start, mainly for the fact that by 70 mins he is going to be worn down when we may need his attacking creativity most, but mayby bring him on earlier then useul!

I do feel that extending jefferson's loan deal would be a mistake, i missed the york and FGR games where i heard he played well, but from what ive seen of him he hasn't impressed, i also feel that Andy maybe overlooking Pinnock. During the pre-season friendies, and the end of the last season, i felt he linked up well with Roy.

Do we have 2 centre backs for tuesday, its my understanding that Porter, Moore, are out, possibly sherear depending on how bad that facial injury is!!!

On a postive note i do feel Maccas played well, and dunno if anyone else saw him give it to hatch on a couple of occasions!! The last 10 mins we picked up are game considrably and mayby if we played like that earlier in the game we may of been able to pull something back. Our fans were good, although have to say "Andy fords Red white army" may be a curse considering there 1st three goals arrived during are rendition of it!!

I feel we did lose to a team who are of a much higher calibre and you could see there full-time status shinning through, in terms of there fitness.

Lets hope for a recreation of last years away result against Dagenham, and 3 points on the bored!