Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Brian Clough

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
12 replies to this topic

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Died this morning in hospital of stomach cancer aged 69.

RIP

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Being a Derby fan this is very sad news indeed. Performed absolute miracles with Derby and Forest. Would not be looking back to '66 for last World Cup win if he, as he should've, been England manager.
Couldn't admire the man more and as he once said "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."

A truly great motivational manager, a legend.

Sincerest condolence's to the Clough family.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
It is so nice to open all the various threads on this site about Brian's passing and not finding ONE nasty post !

When Brian died, they broke the mould !

R.I.P.

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
  • National Squad - 1st XI
He brought his entire European Cup winning team here in the 80's for our floodlight opening. Can you see Fergie or Wenger doing that!
RIP Cloughie, you brought a smile to football and to the TV viewer.

Your name will go down in history like Sir Matt and Sir Alf.

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Contraversial, but a Genius.

offline gazza701

gazza701
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Brian Clough dying is like having a death in the family.
The man was a legend, imagine him at real madrid he would soon whip em into shape.
A sad, sad, loss to football who will always be remembered.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
What a night that was too - and it was mid season as well - you could hope for full first team pre-season, but to see the full European Cup winning squad (except unfortunately for an injured Shilton) was quite amazing.

Not only that, but they brought the League Championship Cup, and the European Cup with them as well, for all to see.

A great man, very outspoken, but a real character - the one thing he deserved to get a crack at, that he didnt, was the England role - obviously far too controversial for the old fogies at the FA!

RIP.

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
And what a crowd . Not sure of the exact figure , but around the 7000 mark if I remember correctly. Would be nice to see those sort of crowds at the Road again....

Brian Clough RIP

A lot of todays managers could take a leaf out of his book, and get their teams to play the game in the correct spirit. Not only was he successful but his teams were also well disciplined on the pitch.

offline Ronnie

Ronnie
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:
And what a crowd . Not sure of the exact figure , but around the 7000 mark if I remember correctly. Would be nice to see those sort of crowds at the Road again....

Crowd was about 6800 and when Phil Stonebridge scored first the place errupted. Apparently Peter Taylor went mental in the dressing room at halftime cos they'd conceded a goal and sent on a load of kids for the seconed half. Ended 6-1. Would love to know the names of the 'reserves' that came on for Forest. Bet there were some familiar names. One of the great nights at Stonebridge Road.

RIP Brian

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
A sad loss, iv'e often wondered if he was still managing today with all the nonsense surrounding the Premiership (footballers agents,prima donna players,both British and foreign)how he would have reacted,it would surely have been really entertaining and he'd cut through all the [***!!***] that's for sure.
Old big 'ead he may have been but he was a real gent, how sad it's unlikely we'll ever see his like again.
Condolences to all his family and friends.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Think I still have the Match Report from the Reporter in my Scrapbook - certainly recall that the Reserves still included several Internationals !!

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
I think I have the programme somewhere hidden in the dark reccesses of my loft.

offline the red 1

the red 1
  • Trainee
A Genius, but as ever the FA look for non entities, even had comedians of the time mimicking him (mike yarwood), he really struck a chord within this country and beyond, he was and still is a legand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus