Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brian Clough

David Holden

Being a Derby fan this is very sad news indeed. Performed absolute miracles with Derby and Forest. Would not be looking back to '66 for last World Cup win if he, as he should've, been England manager.

Couldn't admire the man more and as he once said "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."

A truly great motivational manager, a legend.

Sincerest condolence's to the Clough family.

It is so nice to open all the various threads on this site about Brian's passing and not finding ONE nasty post !

When Brian died, they broke the mould !

R.I.P.

What a night that was too - and it was mid season as well - you could hope for full first team pre-season, but to see the full European Cup winning squad (except unfortunately for an injured Shilton) was quite amazing.

Not only that, but they brought the League Championship Cup, and the European Cup with them as well, for all to see.

A great man, very outspoken, but a real character - the one thing he deserved to get a crack at, that he didnt, was the England role - obviously far too controversial for the old fogies at the FA!

RIP.

And what a crowd . Not sure of the exact figure , but around the 7000 mark if I remember correctly. Would be nice to see those sort of crowds at the Road again....

Brian Clough RIP

A lot of todays managers could take a leaf out of his book, and get their teams to play the game in the correct spirit. Not only was he successful but his teams were also well disciplined on the pitch.

Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:
And what a crowd . Not sure of the exact figure , but around the 7000 mark if I remember correctly. Would be nice to see those sort of crowds at the Road again....

Crowd was about 6800 and when Phil Stonebridge scored first the place errupted. Apparently Peter Taylor went mental in the dressing room at halftime cos they'd conceded a goal and sent on a load of kids for the seconed half. Ended 6-1. Would love to know the names of the 'reserves' that came on for Forest. Bet there were some familiar names. One of the great nights at Stonebridge Road.

RIP Brian

A sad loss, iv'e often wondered if he was still managing today with all the nonsense surrounding the Premiership (footballers agents,prima donna players,both British and foreign)how he would have reacted,it would surely have been really entertaining and he'd cut through all the [***!!***] that's for sure.

Old big 'ead he may have been but he was a real gent, how sad it's unlikely we'll ever see his like again.

Condolences to all his family and friends.