Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

Wicksy's Weak

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
12 replies to this topic

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
It was with total amazement that I read the saga about the lost season ticket.

The attitude of the club in this instance is nothing but disgraceful.

When a local businessmen cares more about increasing Fleets crowd and customer care to one of Fleets small band of most loyal fans than the club does, something is wrong.

Whilst the policy remains ' tough luck' if you lose your season ticket, I will not be renewing mine again, once this season ends.

Shoddy behaviour

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
To say they wont even replace a ticket which is stolen is extremely harsh - I guess you could potentially claim under a Contents policy, but even then, if theres an excess of £50 on your policy its not much use.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
I agree WW, an absolute disgrace. A severe own goal in terms of PR by the club.
I too will not be renewing my season ticket until this gestapo like attitude is rethought.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
Trouble is, if you dont renew and end up going to most games, the club would actually gain by your actions.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Except, whilst technically correct, most clubs prefer to sell season tickets as the money is guaranteed. After all, if you buy a season then can't go, they've already had your money - unlike us 'pay on the day' people who end up having to work.

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
Trouble is, if you dont renew and end up going to most games, the club would actually gain by your actions.

Its not about the cash. As any money saved on season ticket gets donated back to the club via fleet trust anyway.

In actual fact , I would probably save money by paying on day by using the family ticket price.

All that aside, the purchase of a season ticket for me, is a way of expressing loyalty to the club.
But loyalty cuts both ways, and comes at a price for both.

offline jc

jc
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Perhaps, what with such elaborate season tickets this season (i.e. a booklet rather than a laminated card as in previous years), the club couldn't be bothered to get an individual replacement booklet produced by the printers (unless the club already has spares anyway?).

Not that I'm trying to defend the club's shoddy attitude on this matter.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Quote:
Perhaps, what with such elaborate season tickets this season (i.e. a booklet rather than a laminated card as in previous years), the club couldn't be bothered to get an individual replacement booklet produced by the printers

Yep I thought of that as well, and thats why the club would be justified in charging an admin cost.
But to not replace a lost ticket, and then expect you to pay on the door for the remainder of the season is a step too far.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
For those of you with the 10 year season tickets, I would keep them under lock and key.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
I definitely consider there should be one replacement a year for a small admin cost on the same basis as the trains.

Its not often you can say the trains offer a half decent service, but its certainly better than our clubs way of doing things - and far more reasonable as well. There wont be many lost tickets or such like during the season so any cost to the club will be minimal, especially as, has been said before, the tickets are numbered and it should, therefore, be easy to catch anyone trying to use one fraudulently.

The club seemed over the last few seasons to be linking better with the fans, but a number of things recently seem to have taken us in the wrong direction again.

Wake up, Board, your fans are your lifeblood & hacking them off , over issues such as Season Ticket Replacements and awful attempts at Official websites, certainly wont help your cause.

offline Ronnie

Ronnie
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I lost my season ticket(old style) 2 seasons ago and the club immeadiatly replaced it with no charge. The only thing that has changed since then is a CEO

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
I had the same thing last year.

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
A reminder of when the gestapo was in charge .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus