Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAYS DISGRACE!!!

Okay, what happened?<p>Well, 2 of Aldershot's players had a go at each other, got sent off, which left Aldershot down to nine players. Any tean worth their wieght would've then caned them but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........<p>Billericay Town then proceed to ponce about, and at times, looked as if they were down to nine.<p>To Aldershots credit, they put us under pressure (yeah, the report in the Non League paper glossed over that fact!!! Mr. Moore, tell it like you saw it, please).<p>We missed chances galore, when WE went on the break and it was only until the last minute we were able to score the second AFTER surviving an extended period of pressure from the 'Shots.<p>When are we going to instil a bit of commitment into the team (ooooooo, and pride would be nice). The supporters get a telling off from Gary Calder from not getting behind the team but what is there to get behind? <p>Okay, Joe played well, so did Morro, and Woolsey (who was substituted by Calder for "Mr No Show In Midfield" Snowshill (Assisstant Managers son - explains it all!!!). Lee Williams battled well BUT We shouldn't have been in that position!!!<p>Oh, and KK. Either he lacks no confidence at all or he truely is not up to standard.<p>I'm sorry to say this but we are light years away from the Conference and deservedly so.<p>We didn't win the game, Aldershot gave it too us and we tried our best to throw it.<p>Apologies to whoever at the club reads this and is offended by my tone but even though we won 2-0, I thought the performance was dire. And for me to say that (and get on my soap box), something was wrong.<p>All the supporters around me in the "Cow Shed" were laughing in the end, it was so sad.<p>On to the point about "those" two players, all I can say is, I was suprised that the disapline at Aldershot is so bad. Perhaps the pressure of playing for "The Conference Elect" is telling.....

I think you're being a bit over negative there Gazza, if KK hadn't had such a nightmare we'd have had three or four no problem, he missed a couple of sitters and their keeper made a couple of excellent saves. Defense and midfield were a bit experimental with the arrival of Cole and Dickinson stepping up into midfield. Standard end of season fare really.

Woolsey was substituted to give him a rest - which he was entitled to having played every minute of every game this season. Cole had a good game in defense - first time (so I'm told) he's played 90 minutes this season. Gary Henty was v good going forward, put in some superb crosses. Agree about KK and Snowshill though, but as i said it's end of season stuff, the manager is trying out new tactics so we're not going to be brilliant. Ironically for me our best spell of the match came when it was 11 v 11 - the 10 minutes either side of the first goal. Whether or not we still would've won, the double red ruined the game as far as entertainment went.

Simon, You're not part of the Calder management team so you don't have to read from the Calder/Moore book of excuses...<p>We should've given 'em a pasting, we didn't and at times tried our best to throw it.<p>The respect goes to the 9 players that were left on the pitch for Aldershot 'cos they nearly showed what passion and commitment can bring about. In fact, it was only in defending in numbers that we kept them out...

I'm not making excuses - Saturday was a quantum leap forwards after what I saw at chesham (you were well lucky to miss that rubbish). As it was I still say that if KK hadn't had such a bad game, we would have had the game wrapped up by half time. If you'd offered me any kind of win at 1455 on sat, I'd have taken it. Make no mistake - we're now well into the end of season wind down.

Anyone know what action Aldershot are taking against the two idiots? To get sent off for thumping an opponent would be bad enogh but a team mate....! Clearly getting rid of Borg has not solved all the problems!

I read on their message board they'd been fined the maximum two weeks wages and suspended by the club. Would expect the league will be on their backs - they made it into yesterday's current bun, which in my book, deserves a disrepute charge! Perhaps the biggest punishment though will be the fact that they've cost their team the chance of taking 3 points off a team they havn't beaten in ages! wink.gif" border="0 (Since we were both in div 1, fact fans!)

Actually, I think I'll have to agree with Gazza here!<p>Saturdays match only showed, very clearly, that we have problems up in front.<p>I would probably not use the word disgrace, but I honestly had expected more than one goal on overtime in the second half...<p>Of course it's not easy to play against a team who only wants to defend in 60 minutes, but...for godness sake!<p>In the other games I've seen this season, we had the same problems, we're always creating a lot of chances, but not scoring on them. And that's not getting this team anywhere!<p>Oh, I remember the good old days with Gutzmore and Adekola in their best form, always scoring 1,2 or 3 goals in every match!!!<p>The fact is: We're missing a couple of real good goalgetters, just look at the table: Canvey island has +58 in goal diffrence, Gravesend +45!

Aldershot got +20!<p>We're the only team of the top 10 who scores less than we concede, -2.<p>That really tells a lot...<p>But I loved the first half on saturday!<p>BTW, nice to have finally met you, Gazza, let's take some more pints next time!<p>Per-Helge

I very much agree with you Per-Helge about the need for a regular goalscorer. If KK had taken even half of his chances we would have had 4 goals, no question. The defense and midfield are starting to look a lot more solid, and again on Tuesday, Wallace looked to be a threat up front when he came on, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Can someone please by a new brain for Mr Opara? :chainssaw:<p>This is the second time he's been sent off for just doing a stupid thing!<p>I agree with Simon that he played quite well on saturday, and had a lot of chances, but where is the goalscoring skills he showed the first month he was a loan player for us last autumn?<p>I'm not in the habit of throwing dirt on players, and will not do it this time either, despite my opening line, but I really think that it's the managements responsibility to get the best out of our players.<p>If KK can't score, try another player!