Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

Lets Hope that next season we get to see all the new mystery players we have all heard so much about and that all the good current players stay. Also what has happend about the new ground!!!???

Chairman and Vice Chairman are going to give an update on the ground at the Forum, May 8th. I understand they've been going to plenty of meetings with Basildon council with the aim of avoiding the situation Chelmsford got themselves into with a long drawn out battle to get planning permission. The forum is also probably the best place to get your questions answered re the players as well.

Whats all this 'all the good players stay'.From what I have seen towards the end of the season only John,Ranatala and Williams are worthy of playing next season.All the other current players aren't up to scratch IMHO.Mark Graham should be added to that list to make 4 players,so loads of other geezers,especially strikers are needed.If all the others are kept we will he to put up with another season watching Mooro,Baker,Morris,Henty,Dickinson and all the other hasbeens disappoint.That's my point I will be making to Calder at the forum.

Just been having a look at Saturday's line up:<p>John, Blackwell, Dickinson, Rantala, Moore, Carthy, Baker, Williams, Simba, Opinel, Henty, Morris, Snowshill, Hart.<p>Opinel and Simba are leaving.

Hart and Snowshill (and to a certain extent Savidge) are reserves promoted to fill gaps due to recent departures. Also include Gilley in this.

Morris I would describe as a fringe player - can cover a number of positions but wouldn't describe him as first choice for any.<p>So this leaves John, Dickinson, Rantala, Moore, Carthy, Baker, Williams, Henty. Add in Graham, Wallace and Penn and you've got the nucleus of a squad. <p>Bring in (say) 6 quality others including 2 strikers and a left back and I reckon you've got a squad capable of finishing top 3. Looking at the likes of Aldershot, Purfleet and Grays, we've not been too far off the pace - we've taken 4 points off each of them. To win a title (any title from Premiership down to Sunday league) you need to have a squad of players, not just a team.

Are we sure we have JJ for next year? From what I understand he has not signed for 2002/3. I for one think he is one of better players GC has brought in and it would be shame to loose him.<p>Oh, can we get someone who can take a free kick please!!

Joe has looked a lot better in recent weeks since he's switched back to the wing. With Mark Graham and a couple of strikers in the side to tke the load off him I reckon next season he'll be back up there as one of the best in the league.<p>Not sure about JJ - although he wants to play for us and he's definatley enjoying it here - he looked well up for it Saturday. Totally agree with you that he's looked a good player so we will have to wait and see!