Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Ground

Well, I don't know what to say. Billericay Town now becomes Basildon Town, things won't be the same. If the team move to Basildon then they have lost me as a supporter, I am 15 years old and there is no way I can travel to Basildon, I feel perhaps the supporters are being forgotten here. There is no way I am suggesting the club should be held back, but it isn't going to progress with a tiny fan base. For a team to progress I understand that it is also usual to have a half decent team. Lets be honest, it is unlikely the club wil be going anywhere in the next 3-5 years, surely it would be better to wait for a better situated site. If the club got £12 million I am sure it wouldn't be too much of a problem buying the land on the other side of the road to the club, banging a stadium on there whilst developing the current to ground to whatever necessary. I think someone has been having far too many un-realistic dreams. Sorry, if this has gone a bit, just wanted to write how I feel. Dan Porter, aged 15

Hi Dan, don't know if you were at the forum last night, but one of the things mentioned was the possibility of laying on transportation from New Lodge to GPark - I'm certain that,given all the hard work gone into promoting the club to the younger fan base through TJs etc, the Club have no intention of forgetting the younger fans such as yourself who are unable to drive. Equally we won't be changing our name.