Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-November 17 )

• Photo
    MartinBFC

• Photo
    rvr

• Photo
    The Mayor Of Simpleton

• Photo
    Zippy

Income streams

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
28 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Out of the cup now. Mind you, Yeading always were a strong side. We did well to hold them to a one goal defeat. Congratulations again to Tom and the lads.<BR>Out of the cup means another income stream has disappeared, of course. How much longer will the club last now? Come on Tony - put us all out of our misery.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I feel a little sorry for the players but i am glad Papa didnt get his dirty hands on the prize money that was up for grabs,Watch out Tom i feel another budget cut on the way,by the way what was the crowd yesterday and how many were Enfield fans we at the town are led to believe 30/40 enfield fans were at the game we had 333 enfield town fans at brimsdown still Papa new best didnt he. images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
There is still no match report from the Bilericay game so given yesterdays result it will be November before the report appears. I notice that when they win the report is up toute suite. I know this must be dishearting Deggsy - 81 were there by the way- the lowest Cup gate by a long, long, way, but you chose this roll so come on....

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Jim Cunneen>:<BR><STRONG>There is still no match report from the Bilericay game so given yesterdays result it will be November before the report appears. I notice that when they win the report is up toute suite. I know this must be dishearting Deggsy - 81 were there by the way- the lowest Cup gate by a long, long, way, but you chose this roll so come on....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The Yeading report will be there today - Saturday games are always posted on a Sunday regardless of the result subject to ... Tuesday games can be a little more problematical due to work and other committments.<P>I know you like you 'little digs' but a few words were put up Tuesday night iro the Billericay game. I notice that when Neil does the same you don't give him any grief!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Its not a question of little digs. There big ones. no seriously. I may have switched but I retain an interset. I live in Gloustershire and rely on this site to keep in touch with what is going on to a large degree. I am not getting into an us and them situation as I am firmly with them but still need to know. Neil has never been as late as this in putting up a report and if he was I would have a go at him believe me. I appreciate you have a life away from EFC but I am not asking too much for you to put the report on within a couple of days. Thank you<P>Jim

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Yawn yawn. can't you Townies find a new topic. Yes your gates are higher yes we are out of the cup. Yes Jim goes to matches in Gloucestershire.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
This is all getting very boring.<P>Digs about money<BR>Digs about attendance<BR>Digs about match reports<BR>Digs, Digs, Digs<P>Im getting really fed up with all this<P>so let ask some question back again<P>Why have your crowds dropped ?<BR>Why did you lost two games on the trot ?<BR>Why are you not in the FA Cup ?<BR>Why do you not have your own ground ?<BR>How many games has Glyn Smith seen this season ?<BR>Where is all your money going ?<BR>Whats the wage budget ?<BR>Where are you playing next season ?<BR>Will you every get promoted ?<P>bored yet

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Tea Boy......nice name. 'How many games has I been to this season?' Why, are you concerned about my well being?<BR>Let me know, matey.<BR>Regards<BR>Glyn images/icons/confused.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
and all i want is a match report posted promptly..

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Can't say I'm at all bothered about match reports, but there is a serious point at the beginning of this thread, which is, after all, called "Income Streams". <P>Going out of the cup means that there's no more money from the FA Prize Fund which presumably means yet more pressure on budgets. <P>And a gate of 81 is hardly going to make a lot of money, is it? <P>Tom Loizou is on record as recognizing that there are financial pressures at the club. Don't forget, of course, that Jim Chandler was sacked only a few days after the last FA Cup run came to an end. Perhaps someone from the club could now enlighten everyone as to what is now going to happen with the club's budget and whether further cuts are on the way.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Dead right mate. As opposed to Lazarou and his cronies who are dead wrong. And such sensitive flowers too. The three of you EFC supporters who put the occasional rubbish on here - don't you have anything to complain about? Nah, surely not, it's all rosy innit. Wise up mateys. You're going down if you don't go bust first.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
There are more than three of us. Concentrate on your own team,and shut up.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
With regards to Tea Boy's posting. There have been "digs" from both sides on each other club's website. It's not something I favour, but I am a long way from the heat of the debate. It's easier for me to be dispassionate about things.<BR>I would have thought that Tea Boy's questions, as a return "dig" are pretty pointless, but I will focus on one - "Where is the money going?"<BR>Well unlike EFC I have no doubt where the money is going. It's going back into the club. And if anyone wants to raise a question about finances or anything else, I am sure that Roger Reed, Dave Bryant, Andy Hatvani etc would answer that question to the best of their ability.<BR>That's really the point, Tea Boy. It's about openness, honesty and accountability. And, I guess, a feeling of belonging. That's why, after 45 years supporting EFC, I am now a member of ETFC.

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
It's true, the digs are getting very tiring, in both directions. There's some good banter between different clubs in other parts of the forum and it's a shame that some people need to use this site to have a go at each other. I personally don't care too much about Enfield's results, but I don't like to see any club destroyed through lack of finance or bad management off the field. I also have some great memories of my days behind the goal, like at Chesterfield in the FA Cup, or when we turned over Aldershot 4-0 at their place. But, I've chosen to move on, and wish those who stay the best of luck. For those at either EFC or ETFC who want to keep digging, why not invest your time and effort in something more constructive like, for example, helping the club you say you support? (Ducks down to avoid the incoming)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
In response to the previous questions aimed at ETFC fans, all enquiries can be directed to etfcinfo@aol.com and i'll do my best to answer them. images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 etfcinfo@aol.com

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Sorry if people find this boring, but, for the record, nothing I have said is meant to be a "dig", whatever that may be. I am asking sensible questions. About fundamental issues relating to the future of the club. No one seems to want to answer them. They may be awkward questions but they are genuine. And if you want to see it as a dig, then that, I respectfully and humbly suggest, is part of your problem. <P>And the Caged Dodo has got a point too about why the other EFC fans who post on this board never seem to complain about anything. Anyone reading their posts would think that everything about the club is hunky dory. But it's not, is it, or am I missing something? From where I am standing, it seems to be in a terminal state of decline. <P>Can I suggest that any fan who has an opposing point of view actually says why they disagree, rather than just carping about "digs".

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
Chris, I don't think your questions are digs. I think they're valid queries and I can understand why you want answers. Unfortunately, whenever a question like this is asked, someone will come back saying 'Why do you care, you made the decision to move on' so someone else says 'Why are your gates so low' and so on, in ever decreasing circles.<BR>I wish you the best of luck in obtaining your answers, and I would be interested to hear what they are, despite my earlier posting, if only to see why it has taken so long.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Gor blimey this is a lively debate. Thanks Teaboy for your contribution. When you read it again you'll see how funny it is. There's good and easy answers to all you ask. <BR>Like why are ETFC not in the FA Cup? Because they were formed too late. Then again, why are EFC not in the FA Cup? Because they lost to a team from the middle of the division below with only ten men. <BR>Why are ETFC's crowds falling? They seem pretty good to me. League average well over 300. 180 turned up for a meaningless league cup fixture when there was live football on the TV. Which, BTW, is 100 more than EFC got on Saturday.<BR>A word of advice matey - don't ask questions like that. They make you look stupid. It'll take a lot more than that to bore me.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Well Well Well<P>It only take a few points remarks to get the all coming out of the woodwork<P>Mr Dodo by name and by nature, try answering questions without mentioning us in your answer.<P>On second thoughts dont bother <P>Mr Smith sorry mate not bovered about your health, i fact not bovered about you at all and never have been<P>Jim ok so there not digs, but they look that way when put in with all the other C**p being thrown at Del<P>Burce sorry you felt you could not do something at this end after 45 years, you should have feelings of belonging your with everyone you have been with for the last 45 years and at one time they all belonged as well.<P>Mr Reed nice to hear from you, and its good to see you take a look over here now and again, the questions have been asked her and here we will wait for the answers.<P>NO dont bovver is to boring

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
teaboy, have I read your post correctly - you aren't going to contact ETFC at the address given by Scott, but you still expect a reply?<BR>At least when Chris asked his questions on the old Enfield Bravenet, he redirected his enquiry to the address given by Del. As far as I am aware, he is still awaiting a response, but Del is doing his best chasing it for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus