Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lee Shearer

Clokes

Unbelievable. Thought he would have started Saturday - he was fit - I can only think we want to save on the wage bill, or Andy is bringing someone in. Cuthroat business football. Dover would do worse than make him Player Manager.

Assuming Romauld's still injured, it would leave us somewhat short of cover at centre-back if Shears did go out on loan. I suppose it all depends on whether Andy sees Jay as more of a defender or more of a midfielder - but either way, I rate Shears and still wouldn't agree with sending him out on loan.

Quote:
As for a permanent move, surely Lee's ambitions would be higher than Ryman level anyway?

He wouldn't want to be joining Matt "I'm ambitious and Dover are a better bet than Gravesend" Carruthers.

he does not want to drop out of the conference but as i said before he did not want to go !!!!!!!

If Porter and Moore are fit,they would probably be Andy's first choice partnership.

With Jay able to cover as well, potentially Lee would be spending time on the bench.

With reserve games being irregular, the best way of keeping him sharp is surely to loan him out??

Thinking another way, we have conceded a lot of goals this season - this says we have problems - whilst part of that may stem from our style of play, it still says defenders arent doing their jobs - and a large number of the goals conceded have come from set pieces as well, many of which will have been from lost headers no doubt.

On this basis, we need to change things - if that means we lose a player in order to bring in a fresh face, who could perform better defensively, then so be it.

Anyway, we will no doubt find out Andy's thinking in due course.