Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coach To Halifax

Malcolm S

I believe the club/ Supporters Association subsidised travel last year, while a decision was taken that this could not continue this year.

If the coach costs £1500 for the day, though, charging only £20 per supporter travelling, instead of the full price,would cost the club/ Fleet Trust, £500 a time

I'm sure most fans want their Trust money going to assist the club to move forward rather than other fans with their travel costs.

And dont forget that travelling by car would cost a small fortune as well, unless you have passengers to share the costs. Its 231 miles to Halifax according to Confguide, so 462 miles for a round trip.

Even at a generous 10p per mile, that gives a cost of £46.20 (cost intended to include wear and tear costs as well as petrol) - At a potentially more representative cost of say 13p per mile, this would push costs up to £60, so even with 1 passenger to share the costs, you dont save on the coach cost and you have the hassle of driving (unless you're the passenger, of course!!).

£31 is not, therefore, unreasonable

I agree AlanW and FF, the Trust make no money from away travel but it has to pay for itself. We don't make prices up or add on an organising fee. The cost we get from the coach company is just divided by the number of seats, it's not rocket science.

We are currently investigating other coach companies to see if they can give us better prices.

If anyone has any contacts/thinks they know anyone "in the business" please contact a Trust committee member.

JUST AN IDEA nothing else. i went on the Weymouth website to see about Claridge and went to there away travel bit and this is how they do it

"Prices

All trips whatever the distance will be the same price

£12 supporters Club members, £14 non-members

Regular Travel Reward

If you complete 10 away trips on the coach you will get one free, so by the end of the season you could have two free trips."

okay they are in Conference South and the furthest they travel is Cambridge but couldn't we do something like that. Kings Ferry do the coachs don't they are are well expensive. there is Manns or Owens, just an idea though.

I think that you are missing the point.

The coaches have to pay for themselves! The only way that you can offer any sort of buy 10 get one free is to increase the cost of the 10 journeys. At the end of the day you will still pay the same, and if you only do nine away trips it would actually cost you more.

You have to be a Trust member to travel so the non member paying more doesn't apply. Also as they are in the Conference South they have similar success compared to when we were in the Ryman when we ran coaches every week. Being away from home from 11 till about 7 is far different from some of our leave at 8 back by 11 at night trips.

A decent enough idea but not workable when applied to the distances we travel.

I am aware that the club runs the coach with the aim of breaking even, I have known this for a while, I was just a little shocked by the sudden increase in prices this year. Running on my (lack of) budget makes it impossible to afford such trips - ones that I've been making for the last couple of seasons. I understand why the prices have gone up, it's just annoying for me to have to settle for only the nearby games

Quote:
You have to be a Trust member to travel so the non member paying more doesn't apply

So why do you have to be a trust member to travel? If you opened it up to non members you'd no doubt fill the coach. If I'd somewhere to park my car safely I'd quite happily pay the non-member rate for a trip like Halifax. Why don't I pay into the trust? - well I'd better keep my reasons to myself on that

Quote:
If you opened it up to non members you'd no doubt fill the coach.

Not necessarily. Besides, Trust membership is required when travelling on the supporters' coach for insurance purposes.