Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-November 17 )

• Photo
    Tommy Collins

• Photo
    stuieboy

Grays

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
31 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Another blinding result from Tom and the lads - well done to all concerned.<BR>Now some of you may feel I am being ironic. Of course not - but it is an unwritten rule that any fan posting a message about EFC must only say positive things about the club and its great coach. <BR>I thought there were only three EFC fans who ever post on here but when I said that last time I was proved wrong. So - the four of you: if you have actually been to any EFC games, what do you think of season so far? Enjoying it, I'm sure. I hope you are, because it's going to get an awful lot worse yet.

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
is there some way we can stop this dodo things from coming onto the site as he is getting very boring.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
on the contrary; this is a disscussion board afer all; while FEC sinks it needs something positive like this,

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Freebird - I don't think you've even realised that my very existence is down to you. Think about it and you may get it.

offline Rob

Rob
  • Trainee
Yeah, it's fair enough to ask supporters how it's going so far. <P>Now I saw the first few home games, went away for a couple of months (work abroad) and was able to get back on Saturday to watch the Grays game. At the beginning of the season we looked like we had the ability to be a very average Premier league team. Beating Croydon soundly I think made everyone think that at least we wouldn't be as bad as them, we were unlucky to lose out against Purfleet and then whipped Baskingstoke's [****!!****]'s...thing's were not looking too bad - then I went away and f*ck knows what happened!<P>All that said on Saturday Enfield were totally and utterly robbed. The ref was appalling, I mean really really bad. He sent off Grant Cooper (2 yellows) for a challenge which was a bit late, but not deliberate and certainly could have been done as a ticking off considering the penalty of a second yellow...then 2 minutes later let off a Grays player with a yellow card for punching/slapping/trying to strangle Lee Allen! In the first half he let another 'attack' from a Grays player on Vas go unpunished. It was possibly the worst ref'ing I've witnessed since, er, last season.<P>And to top it all Enfield had about 20 attacks to Grays 4. In the last ten minutes, down to 10 men, Enfield had chance after chance. GG came close (and to be honest had 2 'free' headers, one in the first half, the second in the last 5 minutes). We deserved a draw at the least. <P>Grays goals...the first was an unstoppable half volley from outside the box that looped over Mark Wittamore (who was probably too far out...although it was at the other end!) The second goal (again at the other end) seemed to be a defensive screw up with (I think) Jamie Aryes playing a lone offside system that gave their forward a free run on goal, which he took well. <P>Apart from that Grays did nothing to warrant fourth place in the league and Enfield were unlucky - it wasn't even a case of Enfield beating themselves, they were just unlucky.<P>The one piece of criticise has to be for Tom's subbing. Why, oh, why did he bring off Oliver Peterson, I brought a couple of mates to the match and both of them (one who has seen EFC a few times) were at a loss as to what Tom was doing. Oliver was crossing brilliantly, running his [****!!****] off, he created a couple of chances for himself and was unlucky not to score - basically there was no way, with ten men, that he should have been taken off...and his replacement (I'm not sure who it was - nos.15) was useless. He had just been subbed on halfway through the second half, with ten men on the pitch, HE SHOULD THEREFORE RUN HIS [****!!****] OFF, but no apparantly the best thing he could done was put in some half tackles, not chase back and add nothing to the game or team. The second sub was (I can't remember who came on or off!!) was more effective and had a good chance to wrap up the points with a scissor-kick-type-thing. <P>Lastly, Tom has got an intersting team together, thing's must be difficult with the situation at the club, but I'm not confident that he has the tactical ability to win matches if thing's are tight and Saturday sort of confirmed this.<P>Oh and by the way i don't think thing's will get any worse, no worse than starting up a new club to 'play in the borough' only to find that when you get excepted into a decent league set up (Ryman) you...have to move out of the borough because they don't except park 'stadiums' - but hang on that means...God if I were the supporters I'd set up a new club, this is disgusting, you could call it 'Enfailed Town'?<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Caged Dodo>:<BR><STRONG>Another blinding result from Tom and the lads - well done to all concerned.<BR>Now some of you may feel I am being ironic. Of course not - but it is an unwritten rule that any fan posting a message about EFC must only say positive things about the club and its great coach. <BR>I thought there were only three EFC fans who ever post on here but when I said that last time I was proved wrong. So - the four of you: if you have actually been to any EFC games, what do you think of season so far? Enjoying it, I'm sure. I hope you are, because it's going to get an awful lot worse yet.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob:<BR><STRONG>Yeah, it's fair enough to ask supporters how it's going so far. <P>Now I saw the first few home games, went away for a couple of months (work abroad) and was able to get back on Saturday to watch the Grays game. At the beginning of the season we looked like we had the ability to be a very average Premier league team. Beating Croydon soundly I think made everyone think that at least we wouldn't be as bad as them, we were unlucky to lose out against Purfleet and then whipped Baskingstoke's [****!!****]'s...thing's were not looking too bad - then I went away and f*ck knows what happened!<P>All that said on Saturday Enfield were totally and utterly robbed. The ref was appalling, I mean really really bad. He sent off Grant Cooper (2 yellows) for a challenge which was a bit late, but not deliberate and certainly could have been done as a ticking off considering the penalty of a second yellow...then 2 minutes later let off a Grays player with a yellow card for punching/slapping/trying to strangle Lee Allen! In the first half he let another 'attack' from a Grays player on Vas go unpunished. It was possibly the worst ref'ing I've witnessed since, er, last season.<P>And to top it all Enfield had about 20 attacks to Grays 4. In the last ten minutes, down to 10 men, Enfield had chance after chance. GG came close (and to be honest had 2 'free' headers, one in the first half, the second in the last 5 minutes). We deserved a draw at the least. <P>Grays goals...the first was an unstoppable half volley from outside the box that looped over Mark Wittamore (who was probably too far out...although it was at the other end!) The second goal (again at the other end) seemed to be a defensive screw up with (I think) Jamie Aryes playing a lone offside system that gave their forward a free run on goal, which he took well. <P>Apart from that Grays did nothing to warrant fourth place in the league and Enfield were unlucky - it wasn't even a case of Enfield beating themselves, they were just unlucky.<P>The one piece of criticise has to be for Tom's subbing. Why, oh, why did he bring off Oliver Peterson, I brought a couple of mates to the match and both of them (one who has seen EFC a few times) were at a loss as to what Tom was doing. Oliver was crossing brilliantly, running his [****!!****] off, he created a couple of chances for himself and was unlucky not to score - basically there was no way, with ten men, that he should have been taken off...and his replacement (I'm not sure who it was - nos.15) was useless. He had just been subbed on halfway through the second half, with ten men on the pitch, HE SHOULD THEREFORE RUN HIS [****!!****] OFF, but no apparantly the best thing he could done was put in some half tackles, not chase back and add nothing to the game or team. The second sub was (I can't remember who came on or off!!) was more effective and had a good chance to wrap up the points with a scissor-kick-type-thing. <P>Lastly, Tom has got an intersting team together, thing's must be difficult with the situation at the club, but I'm not confident that he has the tactical ability to win matches if thing's are tight and Saturday sort of confirmed this.<P>Oh and by the way i don't think thing's will get any worse, no worse than starting up a new club to 'play in the borough' only to find that when you get excepted into a decent league set up (Ryman) you...have to move out of the borough because they don't except park 'stadiums' - but hang on that means...God if I were the supporters I'd set up a new club, this is disgusting, you could call it 'Enfailed Town'?<P><BR> </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Rob, your command of the English language is poor, you are incredibly boring and quite frankly put, should leave the UK and stay away permanently. The Supporters Trust was formed because Lazarou was running 'rough-shod' over EFC. Under his ownership, there was no way that the club was going to play in the borough again because every single planning application he put forward was flawed. All the income streams that EFC had were vanishing as were other sums of money (Lee Marshall, Saracens etc...). ETFC has the goal of securing local football in Enfield for the long term. Hopefully this will be achieved immediately. However, if the club is to move forward it may have to compromise on the local issue. Providing the long term goal of local football is a priority and not just lip service (as in the case of Lazarou who is only intersted in the cash) then I have no problem watching a team that we have founded, that is not ripped off by a greedy chairman and is genuinely interested in securing a site in Enfield ASAP, outside of the borough for a short period of time.<P>Up the TownEs

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
"Enfailed Town" - using B----tisms .... how very, very bizarre.<P>EFC - pride of Hertfordshire?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
What is this Rob bloke on. True Enfield had the better of the first half but got annihalated in the second. I think that you were very lucky to have ended with 10 players as some of the Enfield tackling was at best reckless at worse very dangerous. We had seven first team regulars out and still won comfortably. You don't even know the name of your keeper it was Millard not Whittamore and you don't know your subs names or who they came on for. Were you really there ?

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
The planet wa**er by the look of it. The fact that he didn't know the goalie shows that like many he hasn't bothered to watch them play this season. <BR>Rob, at the end of the day who is going to survive Enfield FC (average league crowd 100) or Enfield Town FC (average league gate 330). <P>Place your bets now.<P>THM

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The dodo gives credit where it's due. So, respect to Rob for saying what he saw and what he didn't like.<BR>But mate - "Enfailed"? That's B***** speak. The other three EFC fans won't like you talking like that.

offline Rob

Rob
  • Trainee
Yeah got the name of the keeper wrong, my mistake. And sorry for missing the second sub, I forgot this was a test!<P>Now, I'm not sure what match you were watching, but it's bollox to say we were annihilated in the second half - I mean obviously a team of Grays quality should have trashed such a poor Enfield team with only ten men. But no, you didn't and at the end you were lucky to go away with a win.<P>Take the result in good spirit, you won - I never denied that, but don't go spouting off about annihilation. Were you really there!?!<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blueboy:<BR><STRONG>What is this Rob bloke on. True Enfield had the better of the first half but got annihalated in the second. I think that you were very lucky to have ended with 10 players as some of the Enfield tackling was at best reckless at worse very dangerous. We had seven first team regulars out and still won comfortably. You don't even know the name of your keeper it was Millard not Whittamore and you don't know your subs names or who they came on for. Were you really there ?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>[ 22 October 2001: This message was edited by: Rob ]<p>[ 22 October 2001: This message was edited by: Rob ]

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
Just a few points:<P>1. Rob was most definitely there - I said "Hello"<P>2. Even wearing my "rose tinted glasses" The E's were NOT annihilated in the second half. Yes they were under more pressure than the first but they only had 10 men!<P>3. If we had put our first half chances away Greys would never have been able to turn things round.<P>4. Item 3 was not only my view point. The Grays supporters that I spoke to after the game couldn't believe how they got the points (strangely enough Braintree said exactly the same).<P>5. We are making lots of chances but not putting them away.<P>6. Lee Allen player of the season so far.<P>Derek

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
Regarding point 5, start putting the chances away! It doesn't matter how many chances you get, you've got to convert them, otherwise a team with only one shot on target in the whole match can beat you 1-0.

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McD:<BR><STRONG><BR>6. Lee Allen player of the season so far.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What one of Jim's signings isn't your player of the season.<P>Who signed Lee I wonder?<P>THM

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Horse's Mouth:<BR><STRONG><P>What one of Jim's signings isn't your player of the season.<BR>THM</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>WHOOPS Should have read Tom's Signings obviously<P>THM

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Horse's Mouth:<BR><STRONG><P>WHOOPS Should have read Tom's Signings obviously<P>THM</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Quite frankly, I don't give two hoots who signed him! He is an Enfield player and his performances have been outstanding. Not only skill and ability but his committment. It's only a shame that there aren't 10 others to match him! <P>Managers come, Managers go (like chairman and supporters) but the club continues.<P>Badger, point taken. That's one of the things I've been complaining of all season. Its goals that win games.

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
I suppose it was rather an obvious thing to say.

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
May have been "obvious" but true!<P>I mean, c'mon, would you berate and slag a player just because a previous manager signed him?<P>Derek

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
Im THM, I slagged off Tom form the start and I never thought he was good enough. Last season the only 2 signings he made of any class were Mike Rodeo and George Georgiou. The rest were average at best. I think it shows a lot that the best player in your eyes this season is a signing made by Jim.<P>THM

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Caged Dodo>:<BR><STRONG>Freebird - I don't think you've even realised that my very existence is down to you. Think about it and you may get it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Quite amusing really - NOT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus