Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leigh RMI on saturday

ken

hope we can pick up another 3pts on sat, could take us up to 9th if other results go in our favor.

according to the BBCi site, Neil Midgley and Ben Chenery might be fit and Leigh have lost a lot of players to flu and mumps. they do have a new striker (Steve Burton) on loan so he could be looking to upset the party but hopefully a good performance by us will see us in the top half again.

here's hoping

Sorry to change the subject slightly, but i've been thinking about what Benny said about pushing for the play-offs. If we reached the play-offs at the end of the season, would we be allowed to take part in them and would we be allowed to go up if we won them? Because i thought our ground was stopping us from going up.

Back to the Leigh game, we should win as i have heard from Ken that the team have been performing well lately. I say 3-1.

I hear Leigh have been trying to get the game postponed because of an outbreak of flu and mumps. Apparently they managed to put out a reserve team against Accrington during the week!!

apparently they have 13 1st team players missing so hopefully there reserves will be out although not easy we should be to strong for them.

I too hope there is no segregation as they dont bring many away. they only took 15 surporters to york city and there only 80miles apart (thanks confguid) so i cant see them bringing many more to us

League tables never show whether a team has played reserves or youth players - it just shows the points gained or lost - I am certain, however, that whoever starts for Leigh will give it their best shot.

3 points are never guaranteed and Leigh have put on some good performances - but we can allow ourselves to be confident.

I think we will get near to the playoffs over the next few games - but will start to lose a few points with some difficult games coming up - shots, Hereford and Accrington.

If we did end up in a playoff position (and it's a big 'if' IMHO); apart from the ground issues there is also the question of a "full time" squad. I noticed that G&N are asking some honest questions about themselves and this subject, along with crowd size and the financial implications.

Being part-time has CIFC now achieved it's main goal as we sit proudly in the Conference,or can we realistically look at league status ??

so scoring 3 against hereford and aldershot isnt many??? We concede most of our goals in the last 15 minutes 13 to be exact and thats because were part timers! Bring n a youngster and i think hs enthuisiasim should see us through come on you leyth im just off

Only Barnet and Carlisle have conceded less and look where they are in the table!!

It's hard to believe that this time four weeks ago after Woking and even after Morecambe we were moaning that we wern't scoring goals, the midfield was too lightweight, there was no width etc.

Goodness knows where we would be if Boylan and Mints were fit!!