Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-November 17 )

• Photo
    ASF

• Photo
    Red Neck

• Photo
    cityman

• Photo
    Fleet boys

• Photo
    Windsor Castle's Moat

Bye Bye Tom

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
18 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
when was the last time this great club was in the bottom three of the isthmian League?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Prior to this season - never!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Since seeing my first game in 1946 I too have never experienced being this low in a minor league (except the conference).<BR>It seems that the manager is unique in that he is the only one who maintains is job by losing. Is this part of Tony Laz' stratergy.<BR>Mind you many of the EFTC supporters hailed him as the great messaiha even though from the outst I questioned his motives. I hold them equally to blame.

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Die Hard 'E'>:<BR><STRONG>great messaiha </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I assume you mean messiah. Who was Tom or Tony. If you mean Tom then never in a million years did I call him the messiah. If you mean Tony then no I didn't consider him a messiah but I remember cheering him at Woking. I think at the beginning he had some good ideas but when we failed to get promoted he lost interest.<P>THM

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
Yeah, I remember Woking. Back then, people would go up to Laz to speak to him, and he was almost always willing to stop for a quick chat. Funny how you can go off some people, isn't it....

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Thank you for your facetious reply but I did not think that e-mails were to be word perfect.For some one well into their sixties I didn't think it a bad effort.<P>If therefore you wish me to be more eloquent<BR>circa.1993 I wrote to the local papers advising the sorpporters to ' avoid Athenians with parcels' political correctness forebad me to write the true quotation. At a subsequent meeting certain

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Thanks for pointing out, if somewhat pompously, my literary short comings but for an old sixty plus 'GIT' I thought it was not too bad. However, if it offends your sensibilities I will try to be slightly more elequent. <BR>The point I was trying to make is that many disenchanted FC supporters who threatened to 'DUFF ME UP' back in 1993 are now the same EFTC memebers vilifying T Lazarou. My crime was to write critism in the local Gazette to the effect that they should beware of 'Athenians with parcels' Political correctness forbids me to use the actual quotation. If constructive critism had begun then the events of the past 3/4 years may never have happened. But then some were always happy to take free hand-outs and applaud the Emperor's clothes.<BR>At that time I was speaking as one who had some knowledge of the required finances of football clubs, namely Charlton and Portsmouth and my experience told me that the new chairman did not have sufficient funds to support the club. Neither was his business prowess outstanding, other wise Legal & General would have kept him on, - but then to many a free meal is a free meal. null

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Mr Diehard sorry if you thought I was having a go at your spelling I wasn't. My spelling is far worse and I couldn't spell pompous let alone be it.<P>As explained above I gave Laz the benefit of the doubt at the start but I think the turning point was his financial failings at the time we were refused promotion.<P>THM

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
HTM..Thanks for your gracious reply- I believe that many were fooled by Laz at the time but my sceptism was immediately borne out by the fact that he said a lot and did little whereas previous Chairman said very little but did a lot.With him it was one scheme after another. Mind you he was not served well by some managers after the departure of Eddie Mac: It would have been sensible if the latter had stayed as a adviser.But this is now water under the bridge.However, a word of caution to the ETFC members,not all c...ups were instigated by Laz, noteably certain transfer deals and unsigned contracts.<BR>Also the Borough Council have a lot to answer for, if not to the supporters, then to the tax payers, after all it was they who repurchased the lease with ofcourse no knowledge of Langs waiting in the wings Umh!!!. Did anyone notice the short supply of 'Brown envelopes' on sale in Enfield about that time. <BR>At a meeting which took place in the Council chamber with the thencouncil leader and local MP I was surprised that no one supported me on this issue. Probably this is because,for obvious reasons, some are now in 'Bed' with the council. Also presumably those directors who sold their shares in EFC did not gain any advantage in their value upon receipt of the proceeds of the disposal of the lease. If not their business acumen should be questioned. But then they nodoubt have brought their skills to ETFC....Best of British Luck.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Weren't the E's in the bottom three for most of the 1973-74 season? I seem to remember that a late run after some top class signings enabled the team to reach 17th place. Actually, I, personally, missed most of that season.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
No - this is the lowest

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Jim Cunneen>:<BR><STRONG>No - this is the lowest</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>... but ONLY for the Isthmian league of course! Enfield have been relegated from the Conference as it is now known (their only relegation) but have also finished bottom of the Athenian League a couple of times.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Well there's something for Tom and the boys to aim for then.

offline Jim Cunneen

Jim Cunneen
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Shortwood Utd, ETFC
  • Foes: Witney, Bitton
  • Fav. Player(s): Andy Hoskins,
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket
Come on Del Boy - I wasnt club stat man for years for nothing!!!<P>You have got to go back to before World War 2 to find EFC bottom of the Athenian League. Yes - our league position is the worst since then<P>Jim images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
You still here Tom who do you think you are a miracle worker. Get back to Sunday morning football where you belong.

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by <Born in Enfield>:
<strong>You still here Tom who do you think you are a miracle worker. Get back to Sunday morning football where you belong.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Saturday 24 November 2001
Harrow 2-4 Enfield<p>Nuff said!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Your having a laugh since when did we start celebrating beating the second worst team in the League!!!!!!!!!!

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by <Born in Enfield>:
<strong>Your having a laugh since when did we start celebrating beating the second worst team in the League!!!!!!!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Umm.. at this particular moment in time, they're the WORST team in the league!! <p>And yes, it was a 'celebration' as (1) even at this stage of the season it was a game we could not afford to loose (2) after recent days it would have been a morale booster.<p>I've been saying all season that we are not as bad as the results suggest and when we have everyone fit we will move onwards and upwards. <p>We have now scored 12 goals in the last 3 games and hopefully this will continue...

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<strong>You still here Tom who do you think you are a miracle worker. Get back to Sunday morning football where you belong.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Has Tom ever managed "Sunday morning football" ? I know he plays it. Perhaps you would care to enlighten me.<p>His managerial experience, that I know of, is Leyton Orient Youth team, Leyton Orient FIRST team for a few games whilst they were between managers, Cheshunt and now Enfield.<p>I sure that someone could fill in the gaps - if there are any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus