Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How about signing Steve Claridge?

Staying-up

I wonder if the club might consider signing Steve Claridge?

He says he wants to continue playing after his disgraceful sacking from Weymouth last week.

He might be 38 but is still very fit and could be a good short term signing while Lee Boylan is out.

I really hope the club consider signing him it would be great to see him play for Canvey. I have been a great fan of his ever since I read his book. It is the best Football Autobiography I have ever read and a book I throughly recommend.

Quote:
It has been brought to the attention of this website that Steve Claridge may already have lined up his next job in football management, which explains his decision to accept an offer from Weymouth FC owner, Martyn Harrison and leave the club by 'mutual consent'.

Claridge is apparently being lined up to replace Frenchman Herve Renard at League Two side Cambridge United, ironically one of Claridge's former clubs.

Taken from Terrasblog - Wymouth unofficial website - would imagine that Steve would want to remain in a managerial or player coach role.