Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey 4-1 Hallen

CIFC - Y.A

A well played game today against a hard-working side. Greggors really seemed to stand out for me today, had the best game I've seen him in a long time. Jeff seemed to be back to his usual ways after he came on and Gav seemed good and strong in defence. Their fans seemed like a pretty decent lot, a lot more than I expected and far from worried about making noise, good to see. The game reminded me of how we were a couple of seasons back, having to be the underdogs and thinking we have a decent chance of grabbing it.

Dunno what to make of the draw, Aldershot away is going to be far from easy, but should be a really good game.

Just going to have a quick rant!!! BBC you are a bunch of tossers!! I suppose a repeat of Only Foools and Horses was more important than the FA 1st Round draw so unless you have digital and can press the red button you would have missed it!!

As for the game itself we made hard work of it but in the end it all came good. Credit to their keeper who was absolutely outstanding and but for him it would have been 7 or 8.

Hallen fans seemed a decent bunch. Not sure on size of crowd today but seemed a decent number despite the lowly opposition.

If you read my post fully, I was saying that the BBC were not prepared to overrun Grandstand to show the draw so if you didn't have digital you lost out.

I don't see what overrunning 15 minutes into another programme would do any harm.

If you feel so strongly about my comments maybe you should register instead of hiding behind an alias or are you a Gravesend fan whose pissed off because your side are not in the first round draw for once?

Pathetic.

Well at least we are in the draw for the 1st Round. For once the draw wasnt kind to us. It is a game we can win but it will be very hard. I think we would have had a better chance at home to a lower 4th Division team than Aldershot. Still it will be a big crowd there lets hope there will be plenty of Canvey fans there.

Well done to the players, fans and officials from Hallen - hope they enjoyed their day in the extravagent surroundings that are Park Lane.

Wouldn't say we made hard work of of it - suppose we did what was needed on the day. Good strike from Midgeley. Ollie sticking his head in near the post to send it over the line. Greggors took a good penalty after an unfortunate handball and Keeling putting over a beatiful ball to find Junior. A number of other chances that went begging including Ollie hitting the post.

Think their keeper had a good day and did a number of fine saves whilst Danny had little to do. Their goal, I thought, was well taken.

Goodwin looked comfortable as did Mints when he finally came on. He had a bit more space today compared to what Conference clubs wil give him, but he used it wisely.

P*** off Cull A Gull - not the BBC's fault - but the FA should spend some of their money on a back up generator - couldn't believe it when Only Fools and Horses came on 'again' with no further mention of the draw.

Shots away ain't going to be easy and not one I'm looking forward to - but they have a few injury worries at the moment and we are more than capable of holding our own - just would have preferred playing someone 'new'

A couple of players deserve a mention. Ollie Berquez is playing out of his skin at the moment and can't stop scoring. He has had his chance in the side and has taken it well.

Gav is really improving as a player and thoroughly deserved his man of the match award.

Jon Keeling was once again outstanding. The cross for Junior's goal was sublime.

I would just like to say thank you to Hallen, an entertaining side with a good set of supporters, being at the away end turned out to be the best place to be as all 32 put on a good show, it was also the most welcome overtaking of the club house I have ever been witness to. I for one will be looking out for their scores from now on.

Both players and fans done themselves proud. Good luck in the future, but one thing who is this Allen you kept singing about.

As for the game we done what we had to against a team that wouldn’t give up. Fantastic to see Minton back, I do like his link ups with Sedgemore, and the praise for Keeling from the opposition was very very valid.

Another nice win against Eaton on Wednesday and then back to normal business.

Noticed you made a late entrance yesterday, CANV.

Hi,

I was injured on Saturday so didn't actually get the chance to play, but I was on the sideline cheering our boys on. You were always a class above us to be honest, but I thought we battled away brilliantly, and we did well to go in at half with the score 1-1. I bet that had a few of you worried, knowing the upsets you've caused over the years?! Anyway, I hope you go as far as possible, and I know everyone from Hallen will be cheering you on in the hope you go through a few more rounds. Keep your current good form going in the league as well, and who knows, you might not even need that final qualifying round in the future!

Also, cheers to everyone at Canvey for helping us to enjoy the day so much. It was a great laugh in the clubhouse afterwards, which was made even better by you lot joining in with all the banter. I hope you weren't all too sickened by the sight of our captain practically naked.....we're so proud of him!! Thanks again for making the whole day a great experience for everyone at Hallen.

I've heard rumours that a friendly could possibly be arranged in Bristol during the pre-season, and if that happens we'll be sure to return the friendliness that was shown to us, and also show you all a proper night out in Bristol.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone connected with Canvey, from the playing side, behind the scenes and the fans. You made the day a day to remember for all our boys and were a credit to all.

You certainly seen the real Hallen on and off the pitch !! I'm glad we could help put on an entertaining game for the fans and although a little dissapointed the class told in the end and i hope u beat Aldershot and have another cup run. Good luck in the league as well and i for one will be looking out for your results every week.

You've got a great set of fans and hopefully you can all help take the club as far as you can.

As for our antics in the bar afterwards, well what can i say !!! we are definately up for a laugh and we have that much fun off the pitch every week, you helped us by joining in as many teams don't get it !!

I have heard rumours that you would like to come down for a friendly in pre-season, if it is arranged it would be fantastic and we would definately return the favour and be as friendly to you.

All the best and hopefully one day in the future we will meet again.

Thanks for the kind words. Your goalkeeper was superb. Made some fantastic saves. Surprised you could get in the clubhouse after the game!! It was absolutely packed in there!!