Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Junior

[color:"red"] [/color] I haven’t been on here before, its abit late now but I have to congratulate you on getting into the conference by wining the ryman league, its nice to see more local teams in the conference in and around Essex. Anyway the main reason I come on here was to ask you about Junior Mcdougald what’s the story with him? We let him go for personal reasons and you hardly play him. Am I correct? Is he just useless now; he was a very good player at ours? Just a query I have wondered about now for a while.

It's because Lee Boylan and Neil Gregory are the preferred strike partnership.

I cant quite remember, but i think at one point Jeff did put all three on but it didn't work out.

Because of the great relationship Boylan and Greggors have, it's been difficult for Junior to break in the side, until recently with Boylan's injury.

Plus the fact that he is probably on quite a good wage as well!

i do feel sometimes that he was certainly more effective for the Daggers than Canvey..When Gary Hill played him he seemed to love playing long balls into corners for Junior to chase,but we dont really play like that so i think its never really suited him,and as he has got older the knee injury does effect him,dont get me wrong hes a great squad player,but as you are aware in the Conference the game is alot quicker so many defenders are already prepared or themselves have plenty of pace to deal with his sort of player.I like Junior but i would hoped he would of been a bit more effective infront of goal....But im happy for him to be a Yellow........

Junior and Lee don't mix well - not even when Greggors is thrown into the mix either.

Last year Junior didn't look that great when playing with Lee and we were creating a lot of opportunities in the Ryman - but they just didn't "compliment" each others style. Agree with Yellow Bungle - I think it knocked his confidence a little last year.

Lee, has maintained an incredible record and I would assume that he would always be Jeffs first choice.

However, since Lee's injury, I think Junior has been allowed to play his game and to his strengths.

He is one of those players that over the past month has chased everything and covered a lot of ground (York he didn't stop). He has scored a number of good goals - but when your up against Lee and his scoring record you will always struggle to grab that limelight.

As mentioned - at the moment he would be missed.

i know when we had him, he didnt score many goals (unless he was playing in the FA Cup) always worked hard and i was disapointed to see him go. We played him on the wing now and again, with stein and west upfront banging in the goals. I still feel that if he had been fit for the Playoff final that we would have won.