Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Junior

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
10 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
[color:"red"] [/color] I haven’t been on here before, its abit late now but I have to congratulate you on getting into the conference by wining the ryman league, its nice to see more local teams in the conference in and around Essex. Anyway the main reason I come on here was to ask you about Junior Mcdougald what’s the story with him? We let him go for personal reasons and you hardly play him. Am I correct? Is he just useless now; he was a very good player at ours? Just a query I have wondered about now for a while.

offline South Mouth

South Mouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
It's because Lee Boylan and Neil Gregory are the preferred strike partnership.

I cant quite remember, but i think at one point Jeff did put all three on but it didn't work out.

Because of the great relationship Boylan and Greggors have, it's been difficult for Junior to break in the side, until recently with Boylan's injury.

Plus the fact that he is probably on quite a good wage as well!

offline South Mouth

South Mouth
Sorry, didn't make that properly clear BECAUSE I'M A RETARD! (Just ask Ken! He'll be the first to agree with ya on that!)

The reason he puts up with being on the bench is probably because he's on a good wage! Although he probably isn't happy being there.

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
he is a player that works very hard & chases everthing. he has poped up with a few goals but he has just picked up an injury which made him miss saturdays game but dont think it is to bad. hopfully be back next week because i feel that we missed him big time saturday

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
Agreed, we miss him. I thought he got a bit of unfair stick last season and his head went down a bit. A good run in the team should sort him out.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
i agree,

chalky is a retard

offline THEROCK

THEROCK
  • Reserves
i do feel sometimes that he was certainly more effective for the Daggers than Canvey..When Gary Hill played him he seemed to love playing long balls into corners for Junior to chase,but we dont really play like that so i think its never really suited him,and as he has got older the knee injury does effect him,dont get me wrong hes a great squad player,but as you are aware in the Conference the game is alot quicker so many defenders are already prepared or themselves have plenty of pace to deal with his sort of player.I like Junior but i would hoped he would of been a bit more effective infront of goal....But im happy for him to be a Yellow........

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Junior and Lee don't mix well - not even when Greggors is thrown into the mix either.

Last year Junior didn't look that great when playing with Lee and we were creating a lot of opportunities in the Ryman - but they just didn't "compliment" each others style. Agree with Yellow Bungle - I think it knocked his confidence a little last year.

Lee, has maintained an incredible record and I would assume that he would always be Jeffs first choice.

However, since Lee's injury, I think Junior has been allowed to play his game and to his strengths.

He is one of those players that over the past month has chased everything and covered a lot of ground (York he didn't stop). He has scored a number of good goals - but when your up against Lee and his scoring record you will always struggle to grab that limelight.

As mentioned - at the moment he would be missed.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
i think junior has been very good since lee has been out.. works hard and knows his stuff.. i hope he is back for saturday

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
i know when we had him, he didnt score many goals (unless he was playing in the FA Cup) always worked hard and i was disapointed to see him go. We played him on the wing now and again, with stein and west upfront banging in the goals. I still feel that if he had been fit for the Playoff final that we would have won.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
We played him on the wing now and again

Wondered why he looked comfortable taking people on when forced onto the wing or into the corner area, rather than staying in a more central striking position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus