Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

ALDERSHOT v CANVEY

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hi everyone at Canvey ( Mr Aldershot here but cannot be bothered to sign on ) I have read on both boards the messages regarding the game the other night and what I find interesting is the fact that both sets of supporters feel the other side was a bunch of cheating nasty bast**ds .I for one felt Canvey were the worst but I am in no doubt if I was to talk to anyone of you I would get the opposite opinion.This just goes to show how football fans in general watch a game through blinkers .
Since Aldershot reached the Conference most of our games ( at home anyway ) have been a joy to watch but what I suspect happened the other night was a game between two clubs who are both crippled by injuries ,I wouldn,t be surprised if both camps chose to " grind out a result " hence the spoiling tatics and niggling fouls .
What I would like to say is that since our Ryman days Aldershot have had a healthy respect for Canvey Island and most of us were pleased to see you get promotion ,I would like to go on and say " it would be a shame to ruin that respect just because of one game ,a game that was crap to watch and probably wasn,t a true reflection of our two sides .So What I would suggest is lets stop the messages that are having a pop at each other and get on with life

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
At last a sensible post, as you say we are not going to agree on who was at fault so let`s just leave it.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hallelujah !!

offline Staying-up

Staying-up
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
A good sensible post at last. I respect Aldershot and was disappointed you didnt make it back to the Football League last season. You proved that a part time team can compete in the Conference.

We have to be realistic and say we are not going to be a force in this League for a few years and that survival is our first aim.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
well said mr Aldershot,
from a Canvey fan

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
what the hell its not like your Billericay

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I often wonder about the intelligance of the average football fan ....why is it we get a sensible thread like this one and yet all the responses are still appearing on the other Aldershot V canvey thread ?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
probably because sensible posts are boring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus