Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ALDERSHOT v CANVEY

Hi everyone at Canvey ( Mr Aldershot here but cannot be bothered to sign on ) I have read on both boards the messages regarding the game the other night and what I find interesting is the fact that both sets of supporters feel the other side was a bunch of cheating nasty bast**ds .I for one felt Canvey were the worst but I am in no doubt if I was to talk to anyone of you I would get the opposite opinion.This just goes to show how football fans in general watch a game through blinkers .

Since Aldershot reached the Conference most of our games ( at home anyway ) have been a joy to watch but what I suspect happened the other night was a game between two clubs who are both crippled by injuries ,I wouldn,t be surprised if both camps chose to " grind out a result " hence the spoiling tatics and niggling fouls .

What I would like to say is that since our Ryman days Aldershot have had a healthy respect for Canvey Island and most of us were pleased to see you get promotion ,I would like to go on and say " it would be a shame to ruin that respect just because of one game ,a game that was crap to watch and probably wasn,t a true reflection of our two sides .So What I would suggest is lets stop the messages that are having a pop at each other and get on with life

A good sensible post at last. I respect Aldershot and was disappointed you didnt make it back to the Football League last season. You proved that a part time team can compete in the Conference.

We have to be realistic and say we are not going to be a force in this League for a few years and that survival is our first aim.

I often wonder about the intelligance of the average football fan ....why is it we get a sensible thread like this one and yet all the responses are still appearing on the other Aldershot V canvey thread ?