Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dave Theobold

Saw Dave Theobold play for res's yesterday and thought he played quite well-- scored a good goal too!! Cant see why he shouldn't be given a go-- I mean, its not like we are really solid at the back right now, and I reckon he might just be part of the missing link to stiffen up the back 3 or4--whatever formation Jeff decides to play. Any thoughts?

Certain games could warrant four at the back and at the moment I feel, especially away from home, that 4 at the back is justifiable. We didn't have much in the way of a striking option a little while ago and we start every game with a point - just don't conceed.

However, if you give Theobold a run out in central defence he will need to link with "another" central defender. I think this could cause problems where he hasn't been given first team chances. The last thing we need at the moment is two central defenders who have a communications problem.

Might be worth trying him in a three at the back on his own in central defence.

Blimey he seems to have been out longer than Lee in comparitive terms.

Would assume that Lee, and possibly Dobbo must be doing some light training by now, or am I rushing them along a little bit.

Be a good christmas present to have Lee back in the side. Wonder if this injury will effect his play when he returns - I have this mental assumption that he will just start one day and create wonders and s**t miracles which I perhaps need to appreciate he might not be able to do.......