Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnborough

YELLOW

A much better display today but not quite the result we wanted. We dominated for long periods and played some good football but couldn't quite force that killer goal.

We started abysmally when former Ricay player Sasha Opinel was allowed to curl an effort home from just outside the area in the opening ten minutes. Our defence looked at sixes and sevens but gradually we got on top.

We started creating a few chances. Midgers had a shot saved by the keeper, Pearson dragged an effort wide and Jon Keeling was unlucky when he got through on goal but his first touch wasn't quite good enough and the keeper was able to save. Midgers also had a decent shout for a penalty.

As half time approached Keeling curled a brilliant free kick into the box and Pearson headed home from close range.

We really started to get into gear but half time came too quickly for us.

In the second half we continued where we left off. Duffers and Ollie had a couple of efforts and at the other end Danny made a sublime save to deny a Farnboro goal.

Jonnie Keeling was in fine form and a superb run and shot saw the keeper forced into an excellent save. Greg Pearson was also something of a handful and had a couple of half chances

We just couldn't quite find the opening despite our dominance and towards the end we started to get rather sloppy.

With virtually the last kick of the game a superb move saw Duffers play in a great cross that Ollie toepoked just wide when it seemed easier to score. A few weeks ago he would have buried that!!

A much better performance though. Jon Keeling was outstanding a real livewire. Greggors won nearly everything in the air and Greg Pearson looked promising. Held up the ball well but needs to work on his finishing and some of his passing.

Dave Theobald had an excellent game at the back and in fairness the defence improved as the game went on. Midgers and Duffers also played well and Duffers linked up superbly with Keeling at times.

My dad spoke to Lee Boylan at half time and Lee reckons he is close to making a come back possibly over the Xmas period. He says he needs to sort out his match fitness but apparently his knee is OK.

We certainly need him sooner rather than later but today was much better and we go into the Daggers game on Boxing Day in a better frame of mind.

Yep forgot about that one although I thought that was Midgley who got fouled.

Ref made some bizarre decisions today and I think he only played one minute stoppage time instead of the alloted two

Thought that Farnboro were there for the taking today.

To summarise, at the back thought that Danny done well, particularly with that one on one. Wardy and Dave played well. Dom, not a bad header of the ball and getting stuck in but I wonder about his actual football ability sometimes.

In midfield, Midge seemed to have a quiet game, Ben was seen more this time, Ollie, not sure what he contributed, duffers tried and Keeling had a right go, although you felt that he done too much also on many occasions. Its okay beating two, but to then try the third and fourth is risking it!

From Duffers and Keeling, what a great couple weapons we have there. Rather than trying to run down the wing, when in line with the penalty area, they should often cut across and have a shot, with others ready to pick up any pieces. John done this in the second half and although his shot was wayward, you could see that one on target may create something. Often we are guilty of not just having a go on goal which typified what Greggors done in first half where he was just to the right of the goal.

Moving onto the front two, Greg has pace but at times he looked too much a raw talent. Greggors done okay.

I thought Theobald had a good game considering he hadn't featured in the first eleven for some time.

IMO Sedgemore was good and consistant throughout the game for once.

I thought we went a bit shapeless when the Pearson Braniff subbing took place.

I still do not get excited by the inclusion of Medgley, he does have plashes of neat play but not enough as far as I'm concerned.

Keeling really should be a starter in every game whilst he is producing the goods like yesterday.

Once again an absolute [****!!****] of a referee and the grey haired old tod running our front line was total cack! A decent referee and assistants and the game would have been ours.

I still can't believe that we didn't win this match, we dominated virtually all of the game. It was great to see some passing football from both sides with out the boot it up field and hope tatics that most conference teams use these days. I thought keeling played brillantly and really put farnboroughs defence at unease, I thought theobald played really well, not sure why we sent him on loan when he showed he was first team material. I am sure with the passing play how it was on saturday that we could finish in the top eigth this season. Bring on the daggers and suffer to the feet of the Gulls, muhah ha ha ha ha

Agree with most of whats being said.

The thing that stood out for me was that period when we started to really play typical Canvey; quick feet to ball and with great movement off the ball. We started to cause Farnboro lots of problems. Whether that was because Farnboro are in a simlar league position or they didn't go hoofing the ball is debatable?? The move I remember most was when Greggors ended up with the ball and managed to hit the side netting, no one marking him and that dick of a linesman gave offside - my ar*e.

By Conference standards the referee wasn't to bad IMHO, but the Linesman was having a nightmare - shame the ref acknowledged the idiot.

Great header by Perason and he was extremely lively and had good movement off the ball. How he didn't connect to that ball that ran across the front of goal in the first half I'll never know.

Great to see Keeling start and he really caused them problems. As someone has said, the only problem is taking that extra touch or trying to round one to many players. However, his work load means that he was always provide opportunities. Duffers played OK - but I just wished he would get that ball in quicker and more often - he shouldn't be afraid tio run at them. If he did his game would improve immensely.

Defensively I think we played well, with Wardy doing some great tackles and Theobald slotting in quite well on his return.

Danny a great "one on one" to put the forward off (or did he save it?) after a long ball once again beat our defenders - flashbacks of Burton!

We did start to lose momentum just before the substitution. However, I think we were starting to lose it in midfield a bit and we were becoming bogged down and not getting the ball forward enough to give Greggors or Pearson something to have a go at. Probably could have done with livening up the midfield a little bit rather than the forwards.

A game you felt we should have won and was there for the taking, but in fairness a draw was probably about right. Getting rather tight in the table from Gravesend in 15th down.

I'm sure this would have encouraged the lads and will allow us to build for the Daggers game. Nice to see Lee warming up before the game with Junior. First time I've seen him kick a ball since getting injured.