Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What radio station's do you listen to?

Quote:
Big J R said:
Is Lord Haw-Haw still on Radio Berlin ??

Talking of which...

I've always been after recordings of the said William Joyce. Anyone know if they are available? I've not seen any so far.

There's a book about him [recently published] but it's a bit pricey the last time I looked.

Interesting story, that's all.

Quote:
maladroit said:
Quote:
Big J R said:
Is Lord Haw-Haw still on Radio Berlin ??

Talking of which...

I've always been after recordings of the said William Joyce. Anyone know if they are available? I've not seen any so far.
[color:"blue"]
There's a book about him [recently published] but it's a bit pricey the last time I looked. [color:"black"]

Interesting story, that's all.

Surely, you could 'book' it from your local library ?

(No pun intended). I read the review of the book in The Mail on Sunday. Got a good review. Joyce was only arrested because a squaddie recognised his voice after the war. He got shot in the @rse ! Not that it mattered - He ended up on the end of a rope, anyway.

Change of oppinion (I'm a girl and so am allowed to do this).

I've been listening to Dream for the past few days and am actually quite enjoying it. Ususally listen on a Fri/Sat night as all other stations are playing dance music (not so easy to fall asleep to). Due to my bone-idleness I couldn't be bothered to turn it over the following days. Even the breakfast host is entertaining (it's changed since I last listened).

Makes a refreshing change to listen to older music as opposed to the same few songs over and over again.

I may be getting old prematurely but I shall ask this anyway... Are 90% of todays songs sounding surprisingly similar?

Quote:
Little Miss Urchin said:

I may be getting old prematurely but I shall ask this anyway... Are 90% of todays songs sounding surprisingly similar?

Lack of new ideas. There are very few bands that these days are really creative and can come up with something different. They all seem to copy each other especially the pop genre. I rarely listen to the charts these days because it's so deriative.

I haven't really taken much notice of the "pop" scene since about 1986, which to my mind is when it went completely downhill and has stayed there ever since !

One or two honourable exceptions... Suede, James, Levellers... but not much else I would deliberately listen to, let alone purchase !

Consequently I do not tend to listen to the radio much at all.

Yep, most bands these days seem to love doing inferior cover versions. All pretty tedious really.

Oi shut it!!