Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Result generator on Excel

I don't know whether this is exactly the correct place to post this, but here goes anyhow !

I am currently confined to the house due to a road traffic accident in which I broke my neck and slipped a disc and recovery is not going to be speedy !

Consequently I have been playing quite a few pc games and so forth and have found that the games available to me are incredibly slow at producing results for even a small whole league programme - which is the kind of resultant which most interests me with such games.

I have a couple of League Builder programmes on the pc already, both of which are excellent value for money, being:- L-Track and Professional League TE - so I thought the solution to my game-playing problem might rest with creating a reasonably realistic result generator myself - applying these results to one of the League Builder programmes.

This I have done on an Excel worksheet and whilst it probably needs a little tweaking here and there - seems to produce fairly reliably realistic scorelines for my purposes.

Anyhow, this brings me to the main reason for writing this post ~ The worksheet in conjunction with a League Builder programme produces reliably realistic league simulations within a relatively short time-span - you can runa complete set of fixtures for one round of a 24 team league in about ten minutes ! Would any folks like a copy of the Excel worksheet, such as it is - in order to develop games of their own ?

You can find a decent explanation of how the worksheet works as well as a sample copy of same posted in "another's Non-League Forum" which is at http://www.soccerlinks.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?.

Once logged in you need to follow the "Everything Else Thread" (at the foot of the main index page) and then access "Result generator game for Saddoes !!!".

If then you feel you would like me to email a copy of the worksheet to yourself, just send me a PM message on Tony's site and I shall remit one forthwith. Of course, it would be helpful to have access to a League Builder programme, so if you do not yet have one - either of the two which I use (and mentioned above) are most suitable and may be researched on the net. Both are quite reasonably priced - they have to be 'coz I'm tight as a duck's @rse !!!

Hope this will have been of some interest to some of you folks...

Angus GF