Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friday - Trains, travel etc..

Im Hoping to come to the match Friday, but it looks like im going to have to do by train. A couple of questions,

Am I right that the nearest station to the ground in Benfleet Station, a couple miles from the ground?

And, How regualary and how quickly does the bus service run from the station to the ground? Only, if I want to do the trip in one night, Im pretty buggered if I don't catch the 22:27 from Benfleet. Might be a bit risky?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Buses are pretty rubbish. It should only take about 15 to 20 minutes from the Lane to the station once you get a bus but after 9pm the buses are not that great.

May be better to get a taxi from the ground.

Benfleet is the nearest station to the ground and is just over 2 miles away.

Taxi's about five quid from the rank on the southend bound side of the station. Or any bus except no.26 serve the ground one stop past the admiral jellicoe pub. One exception is the no. 21 which terminates about three minutes walk from the sea front end of the ground. Jellicoe is prob best bet for a beer, as game is segregated, so no bar access for you boys soz!