Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How come Sutton are so pants?

I was looking forward to this season, thinking we could get a top six place with the players we have, but 2 points from 18 is pretty bad. Lucky only one goes down this season! (Bedford)

Neil,<P>We haven't exactly started well either - but it is early days.<P>Our tactic is to convince everyone that we are not going to be very good this season, and then start thrashing our opponents wink.gif" border="0 <P>Ian.

From your game at our place, I'd guess it's got something to do with your defence and your international keeper not being able to cope with people shooting very much. There wasn't a lot wrong with you going forwards - reasonable passing, and you caused enough problems to get two penalties.

If anyone is suspect it has to be Hitchin, conceeding 11 goals in 5 days! Funny thing is though, they didn't seem to have any problem with their defence and scored 5 in those two games. Where is it going wrong for them.<P>You also get very boring teams that like to dig themselves in and play for a draw, Canvey have had plenty of these experiences against: Heybridge, Croydon, Maidenhead & Basingstoke to name a few. rolleyes.gif" border="0

You also get very boring teams that like to dig themselves in and play for a draw...<P>You're not wrong about Maidenhead at Canvey last season Matt. We nearly made it too, If it hadn't been for the trenches filling up with seawater... I stood behind the goal we were supposed to be attacking in both halves and had to strain to recognise any player in a black and white shirt. As we have no cutting edge up front you can expect more of the same this season unfortunately. Tell you keeper to bring along a good book to pass the time. I'm taking along some binoculars.<BR> null

Only one goes down (Bedford)?<P>You are mistaken Neil. The Eagles have begun flapping their wings (at long last) and are all ready for take off. Goodbye relegation zone!<P>Ok so in all honesty we've not been too good so far and need to concentrate a bit on scoring more and conceding less (always sensible tactics I find) but thankfully, after 7 straight defeats, we haven't resorted to "digging in and playing for draws".<P>Three more points tomorrow please.