Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-October 17 )

• Photo
    oliPFC

• Photo
    walker1710

• Photo
    twopintstom

• Photo
    atlantis77

• Photo
    sting in the tail

• Photo
    haynab66

• Photo
    NEW BOY BLUE

Photo

Burton - Steve not Albion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Seems pretty quiet on here today so here goes -

No one seems to have mentioned Steve Burtons loan deal being extended to the end of the season. Pearson and Braniff seemed to attract more attention.

What are your thoughts?

Would he make an ideal replacement for Greggors if needed? and does he bring anything extra that Greggors hasn't got?

Whats your general view of him or is it still to early to make an opinion.

Has Jeff just extended his loan period to cover us till the end of the season or has Jeff got genuine intentions. Wot d'ya think?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
i think steve is great his just like gregory but more fitter i hope jeff does sign him cos he will be great for the future!!!

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Seems to be a similar player to Greggors, and certainly took his goal against Aldershot well. Not sure about his challenges though, he seems to give a few too many freekicks away when it's not neccessary, i.e when there is no real threat developing, but overall i feel he should be given a chance to maybe earn a permanent deal. I think he will only get better with more games under his belt.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I like Greggors a lot he has been one of the Canvey greats, but has lost the battle with his fitness of late, when he needed to be at his sharpest especially without Boylan since October 5th last year!
Burton is a similar player and i am sure will improve given more starts with Lee up front.
We have some tough games coming up and we need to show more passion and commitment by winning the loose balls which Burton has shown he can do but without giving away as many fouls.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Considering that Burton is about 9/10 years younger than Gregory and everyone can spot the similarities on the pitch already, it's proves that Steve could become a valuable asset to the Club.

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
yeah hope jeff takes a close look at him, have been impressed with him so far. hopefully team up with lee well up till the end of the season and if he deserves a contract at the end of it hopefully he'll get one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus