Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burton - Steve not Albion

Seems pretty quiet on here today so here goes -

No one seems to have mentioned Steve Burtons loan deal being extended to the end of the season. Pearson and Braniff seemed to attract more attention.

What are your thoughts?

Would he make an ideal replacement for Greggors if needed? and does he bring anything extra that Greggors hasn't got?

Whats your general view of him or is it still to early to make an opinion.

Has Jeff just extended his loan period to cover us till the end of the season or has Jeff got genuine intentions. Wot d'ya think?

Seems to be a similar player to Greggors, and certainly took his goal against Aldershot well. Not sure about his challenges though, he seems to give a few too many freekicks away when it's not neccessary, i.e when there is no real threat developing, but overall i feel he should be given a chance to maybe earn a permanent deal. I think he will only get better with more games under his belt.

I like Greggors a lot he has been one of the Canvey greats, but has lost the battle with his fitness of late, when he needed to be at his sharpest especially without Boylan since October 5th last year!

Burton is a similar player and i am sure will improve given more starts with Lee up front.

We have some tough games coming up and we need to show more passion and commitment by winning the loose balls which Burton has shown he can do but without giving away as many fouls.

Considering that Burton is about 9/10 years younger than Gregory and everyone can spot the similarities on the pitch already, it's proves that Steve could become a valuable asset to the Club.