Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matthew Joseph Released

CIFC - Y.A

Think he might be joining Cambridge City.

Quote:
TACKLE1000 said:
Think he struggled with the wing-back role, he was right back at Leyton i believe.

GOOD LUCK MATT!

Agree, I think he struggled with the role he was given. He did run up the line but was often challenged and lost the ball giving him a lot of ground to make up etc. But generally I don't think he was to bad a player.

We seem to have had a few options for right back including Smithy, Wardy and Mcgee - could this be a problem position if a wing back is required? A couple of players who have been asked to cover that area are not really wing back material but are better at a straight defensive role.

Sterling seems to have settled on the left and IMO done well throughout the season - he does make runs but doesn't always look comfortable when nearing the halfway line. Someone mentioned Duffers being under rated as a defensive wing back. Stronger at running from defence, but not as skilled in a straight defensive role as Sterling. What you gain with one player you seem to lose on another.

Best of luck Matt.

Matt Joseph seemed a decent player but was too lightweight to really do the wingback role. In a 4-4-2 he could have been quite useful but never really shone when played as a wingback.

His one decent game was away to Exeter.