Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

"We are top of the league, say we are top of the league..."

It might be the only chance in my life to do this, so I'm gonna make the most of it........

Saturday 24 August

Bustleholme Town 0-2 Chaddesley Corbett FC 

Chaddesley went top of the League with a hard fought 2-0 victory away to Bustleholme. Manager Martin Westcott said that "It was a disjointed performance on a terrible pitch, but we ground out a result."

Chaddesley's first goal came after 20 minutes when Ian Vogel won a midfield tussle and found Craig Pratt with a 40 yard pass. Pratt outpaced the defence and cooly slotted home from the edge of the box. Chaddesley created further chances in the first half, the best falling to Pratt and Ashley Phillips. Their defence, with Drew Armstrong, Matt Baynton, Gavin Knight and Brian Burton outsanding, was only troubled once in the first half. A long free kick caught out keeper Gareth Yarsley, only for Vogel to hook the ball off the line.

Chaddesley struggled to find any rhythm on the poor playing surface, with both sides miscontrolling the ball. However on 60 minutes Alex Taffe found Pratt with an inch perfect pass. Pratt drew the keeper before curling the ball into the top corner for his 4th goal in 2 games. At 2-0 Chaddesley brought on their new Jamaican signing, Horace McLeod. McLeod found Taffe with a fine cross, that the striker headed, but the keeper saved well to his right. 

With 5 minutes to go Yarsley showed why is his currently keeping Anthony Shuck out of the team, pushing a 25 yard pile driver round the post, to keep the score at 2-0, and put Chaddesley 2 points clear at the top of the table.

Man of the match: Brian Burton

Team: Gary Yarsley, Matt Baynton (Jamie Roberts 70), Ashley Phillips, Drew Armstrong, Gavin Knight, Brian Burton©, Ian Vogel, Craig Webb (Horace McLeod 65), Richard Burton, Craig Pratt, Alex Taffe . Subs not used: Jason Bowen, Anthony Shuck.

Cheers

Vogue

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CANV:</font><hr />

always make the most of the good moments in footy Vogue.. for every good day there are 5 baduns...;-)

<hr></blockquote>

This is SO SO SO true CANV. I'd go as far as to say that for every good day there are 2 bad seasons. I felt a bit up my own [****!!****] for putting it on, but you're right: You've gotta make the most of them - as I believe I've seen supporters of your team doing once or twice over the past few years.

Cheers

Vogue

Greetings Vogue,

As CANV says- enjoy!

Our big game with ETFC went as expected losing 2-0, our depleted team gave a good account of themselves against their equally depleted team. A good crowd of 250 saw a typically scrappy early season game spoiled only by the continuous griping of their manager Jim Chandler who appears to suffer from delusions of grandeur! The Enfield fans were a great bunch and the minutes silence for Holly and Jessica was impeccably observed to the credit of all present. Stay on top!

Hello Hoarse Whisperer

Thanks for looking in on us and for your kind words. Sorry about your defeat - though from what you said it wasn't unexpected. We also had an immaculatly observed minute's silence, though only in front of about 60 people (which is a big crowd at our level)

Best wishes for the season

Vogue

• 2 weeks later...