Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-November 17 )

• Photo
    Pez_86

• Photo
    Real Chris Davis

• Photo
    RobbieO

• Photo
    SIMMO_BAFC

• Photo
    AncientBlue

• Photo
    BUTTERBEAN

• Photo
    Beanofire

• Photo
    Chesney

• Photo
    markhayward

money

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
can someone please tell me, are the club in financial difficulty?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Shouldn't be, what with £1.7 million from the sale of Southbury Road in the Chairman's back pocket...

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by <anon>:
<strong>can someone please tell me, are the club in financial difficulty?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>If St Albans City can be so far up the creek without a paddle I should imagine EFC, trying to survive without a home ground of their own and with average home gates hovering around the 100 mark are going to be in financial difficulty. It doesn't matter how much was raised by the sale of the ground at Southbury Road, we all know that that didn't all go to the club and we all know that the only way for a club in this situation to stay afloat is to pay less for players, which can lead to even lower gates, possibly relegation one of these years (which would also lead to even lower gates).<p>Also, you have to remember that, with all the money being creamed off by teams in the FA Premiership and the amount of televised football, people who would otherwise go to see their local side, even if only five times per season, now stay at home and watch ManU, The [****!!****], etc. from the comfort of their living rooms. So the clubs losing out are those with spare capacity (i.e. lower Football League and non-League teams). This is a downward spiral which will probably leave only the very top and the very bottom teams alive (the very bottom ones because they tend to be football sections of family oriented clubs like Brimsdown).<p>Sorry for the bleak picture, but I think it is facing all of us.

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Just a thought<p>Expences
One off fee for use of ground - unkown
Wages - unknown
Pitch upkeep - none
Ground Staff - none
Electric - none
Council tax - none
Painting and Decoration - none
Office Staff - none
Bar Staff - none<p>Match days
Referee - approx £100
Programme - covered by sales
Refreshments - £30.00<p>anything else anyone can think of, In my experiance even if the one off fee is around £20.000 it would still be worth the mony as it would cost nearly that much to keep a ground like Boreham Wood running over a season for one team to play there.<p>I would say the E's are not as much in trouble as St Albans and Kingstonian to mention two but could be in a better position. Who known's ?

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
I should think the ground share arrangement is a bit more complicated than just a one-off fee, if for no other reason than the League, FA or whoever will have wanted to have a minimum period involved and once you start looking to the future the landlord will want extra protection. In any case there will almost certainly be a weekly, monthly or matchday fee on top of the lease premium or whatever they call the one-off fee in EFC's case.<p>The real killer is likely to be evening games because crowds are lower midweek and floodlights have to be used.<p>On top of all the amounts you have mentioned you will have insurance (third party liability insurance as well as insuring your players), legal fees, accountancy fees, corporation tax, income tax, National Insurance, VAT, police costs, cleaning and replacement of kit, footballs and other team equipment, the costs of travelling to away games, membership costs for the League and FA (and the fines they seem to like imposing). Plus Enfield still have to pay for their premises and associated costs relating to the club offices. And no doubt my list is not exhaustive.<p>When you add it up, it isn't going to work very well if you don't have a big enough fan base or outside income (usually from social facilities which EFC don't have).

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The real killer is that Enfield don't have a bar anymore. Non-League clubs take more at the bar or in the fruit machines than they ever take at the turnstiles. Quite apart from the sales over the counter, the fact that the bar is there makes the club a focus for the community and it or part of it can be hired out for functions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus