Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

wot changes are needed next season if we stay up

wot changes do we need next year if we stay in the conference i think we need a new formation a big centre forward new defender new goalkeeper basically we need to have a big clear out does any1 no wots goin on wid jk ??

Wouldn't be surprised if Ash left, I'm sure he'd like to play some first team football, and there are plenty of local teams that would jump at the chance to get someone of Ash's quality.

The Great Eckscape

I don't think ash will go, he is very committed to his job at southend college and he never seems that unhappy at the club, as far as him not being good enough, what a load of rubbish.

as far as new players go, we need a couple of big fast defenders. we have spent a season getting mid fielders when what we should have been doing is sorting out the defense. we constantly look outpaced back there.

we need a goalscorer (who doesn't) in addition to Lee, we struggle to score when he doesn't play and he has missed a lot of games this season. Also I would say we need a ballwinner in midfield (shame Dobbo has been injured all season). And as has been mentioned before if we can turn Minton round 90 degrees once he's on the pitch that would help too

Quote:
STIMMOs-ARMY said:
I would say you need a new centre back and a tough centre midfielder.

Going Full time would help if you could do it, teams fitness goes a long long way

Wouldn't mind Lee Matthews or Stuart Thurgood!!!

To be honest i don`t think he really got a chance whilst on trial with us. We had plenty of midfield players at the start of the season and the club obviously felt we were strong enough in that position, sadly that isn`t the case. Another issue may have been the wages Thurgood required.

sexgod, thurgood was easily good enough to sign for us, we just chose not to sign him for whatever reason.

If we had signed him i believe he would be in our starting as he is the kind of player that we are missing in midfield. He is very much a dobbo type player.

Also you mentioned Ashley was not a good enough keeper for him to be here. What a load of rubbish. He has been a loyal servent to the club and when you are not getting 1st team footy week in week out you are not going to be at your sharpest. He is the ideal keeper to have and its only because of Danny's performance's over the last two seasons which has prevented him not being our NO.1