Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey 1 0 Scarborough

YELLOW

We're staying up!! Barring a minor miracle, we'll be taking our place in the Conference next season.

It was not pretty today, it was scrappy and tense but who gives a f..k!!

A quite brilliant goal from Lee Boylan after just a few minutes gave Canvey a valuable lead that they refused to give up. Chasing a long ball, Lee saw the keeper off his line and chipped him from some 25, 30 yards out.

After that it was a case of defending what we had. Greggors had a shot blocked and at the other end, the defence was superb. Theobald was superb, Danny imacculate in goal and Dom and Buzz there when needed.

We might have sewn the game up in the second half, hitting the crossbar, seeing the rebound cleared off the line and then Macca firing wide.

Danny had to make a brave safe in the last ten minutes as the tension mounted. The second half seemed to last a lifetime especially the 6 minutes of stoppage time but the team battled, showede immense spirit and thoroughly deserved the result!!

Sedgy was outstanding in midfield, thoroughly deserved his man of the match performance and credit to him for acknowledging the fans at the end by nearly diving into the crowd!!

Support today was outstanding. The Yellow Army were unbelievable, the noise in the second half was outstanding and must have helped the players.

We're safe and that's all that matters. We'll worry about next season when it comes to it!!

Maybe in the FA Cup, though the Essex Senior Cup is more likely.

What a relief to finally get a win, not the prettiest of wins but who cares the three points were all that mattered.

The difference between the two teams was Lee Boylan he turned a half chance into a goal. i hate to think where we would be without him. lets hope he is here for many years to come.

There is going to be a lot of rebuilding in the offseason a good few players (some longserving) are going to have to be let go and some new ones brought in.

At least we have conference Football next season, the thought of relegation and having to play Billercay again was too horrible to think about.

(Good luck to Billercay in the play offs anyway)

One that I think will almost probably be semi-retiring will be Wardy.

Didn't he take a year out of work or something so he could play in the Conference with us? I think next season he could be just restricted to home games and do a 'Britnell' and keep going with the Reserves when we're playing away up North.

I don't think we'll be seeing much of Chenery next season either.

i think that chenery will stay and not sure bout wardy but he has been good this year. i dont think hes taken a year of work because he works in a school doesnt he.

Sorry guys, but isn't this the perfect time to go full time? Staying up, had a season to get in some new faces. We will definetly need to go full time sometime in the next two seasons because in two years time 4 teams go down. If we go full time we will certainly do well and with good support we can start talking about top half and playoffs so on and so on.

Ward and Chenery have been great for the club over the years but we need new faces so that Canvey get go forward as a club.

Think that's about right, and it's Wardy's testimonial year next season and who would begrudge the Ginger Sex God a right royal sending off after his most honest and loyal service to our club.

When he does hang his boots up he can do it with the utmost pride and satisfaction of a job well done. How will we ever replace his wonky nosed smile or indeed his " Legendary Column ".

How fitting it is that two of Wardy's clubs will now meet for the first time ever in the Conference League in his Testimonial Year !

Could be an idea for an Ex-Canvey 11 Vs. Ex-Grays 11 with Wardy as lone striker scoring a Hat-trick !!!......... Sorry, got a bit carried away there fella's.

Would be nice to start making plans though. Any ideas would be good. He certainly deserves it. [color:"orange"] [/color]

At home to Chesham but it was a cross that the defender deflected in apparently. One of the few home games in the league I've missed in recent years.